13.

Me and JJ waited for John B when he returned from god knows where, he nearly punched JJ when he jumped at him from behind. We got to the boat and left the Chateau, then they stopped at some random place.

"God, it was insane Last night, I almost got strangled! Thanks for help by the way." JJ motioned to y/n, she just smiled at him.

"So why are they watching us?"

"I don't know sis, maybe it has something to do with the fact we are still without an adult here? Or maybe they know, we are up to something."

"Oh and did I told you already? I'm on the hook for 30 grand." JJ shared with us.

"30 grand? That's fucking insane." I was shocked, I mean, they wanted the money for a new boat right.

"Yeah, it is. You know what? We should just dip."

"Okay, where do you wanna go? Hm?" John B shat back. "Yucatan." Y/n had to hold a laugh. "I'm dead serious guys! We could surf all day, and eat lobsters we would catch withour bare hands"

"Sweetie, that is not, how life works for us." I tried to be nice, but what can you say to that?

"You just wanna leave 'cause you got your ass beat?" John B didn't try to be nice.

"You didn't see the photos."

"What photos?" I was confused, what is he talking about? "Those two guys, who were following us, and broke into your house, someone used them as a bait. They are dead."

"Oh shit." It would be better if I didn't ask.

"Think about it. They are willing to kill for the gold, then it's got to be out there JJ."

"John B are you listening to yourself?" I asked my brother in disbelief.

"Have you lost your mind? One hundred years man! One hundred years, people are trying to find this Royal Merchant and no one succeeded. And you think you are gonna be the one to actually finds it? When will you get it in your thick skull? If you keep goin' down this road, you're gonna end up just like your dad."

"JJ!"

John B push JJ and start yell at him "I can't give up okay?! Last time I saw him, we had a huge fight, and then he took all of our rent money and dipped for this Royal Merchant. And I told him he was a shit father, and it was the Last time a saw him. I don't care what is gonna cost me, I just cant give up. I have to find the gold, do you get it?!"

"Okay why don't you both shut up for now. John B, bro you are getting too obssesed with it. You don't care what it could cost you? You could die. Any of us, could die. I'm not telling you to stop looking, just.. Be more carefull and don't let it get to your brain that much, Okay?" He nodded and hugged y/n "Yeah, Okay."

"Fine. Good. Now I have to go, so please don't kill each other." Y/n got an offer to work at midsummers, and it was a good money, so she took it.

She got there, got dressed into her uniform and started with the preparations. After a while she saw Pope with his dad, starting the barbecue "Pope! I'm so glad someone normal is here! Hey Mr. Heyward."

"Hey y/n. You work here?" Pope's dad asked her "Yeah, it was a good money, you know." She wanted to ask Pope if his doing good, when one of the main waiters screamed at her to stop talking.

She had to get back to work, the kooks are supposed to start coming in about half an hour.

...

Hour and half later, the party was in full swing. Y/n was serving drinks to guests, with fake smile on her face. She saw Kie talking to Pope, so she tried to talk to them, at least for a minute. Her boss was a prick.

„Kie what the fuck."

„Shut up dude, my mom made me do it." y/n started laughing at her „I'm kidding, you look good."

It got everyone's attention when the Cameron family came. Gosh they even started clapping. She catched Rafe's little bit surprise look. She didn't tell him, she's gonna be there. Suddenly beside him showed up her idiot boss, ready to give her all the shit about her talking and not working. „I have to go guys, see you later."

Y/n was walking around with tray full of drinks, when Topper and Kelce stopped her. „Hey waitress, come over here." She went over to them, where they started taking the drinks and talking bullshit to her. But all she was looking at, was Rafe. He only grabbed drink, not saying a word to her.

The evening was slowly going, when in the middle of the night someone knocked y/n down, spilling all the drinks on her. It was Topper with Rafe and Kelce running after JJ. What is JJ doing here? She got up and run behind them, they went into dressing room and when she got there, Kelce with Topper was holding JJ and Rafe was getting ready to punch him.

„What the fuck do you think you doing?" She yelled at them, slithly hitting Rafe with shoulder while walking between him and JJ.

„Nice to see you cupcake."

„You shut up. Y/n stay out of this. Get out of here." Rafe shot angry look at JJ after hearing his nickname for her.

„You know that is not going to happen. Now let him go."

„Y/n, I'm not going to repeat myself, get out or I swear to god-."

„Gentleman. And Lady. Is there any problem here guys?" Lucky for us, security came in.

„No I'm so sorry sir, there is no problem... Ehm, but actually yes, there is a problem. We have a criminal tresspass, you know. I'm not supposed to be here. So you should definitely call that in don't you? Or you should take me out of here. These young gentleman's were just trying to get me out of here you know, you can do it for them. Oh and you should fix that bow tie, have fun girls." Security was already holding JJ by his arm and walking him out of there, with y/n close behind them.

„Tell Kiara she looks hot for a pogue." Rafe yelled behind him. JJ snapped from that security and ran back pass y/n to punch Rafe in the face, but Kelce stopped him before he had a chance. Security once again was walking him out of the club.

„Oh and you pogue, bring me mai tai." Kelce yelled at y/n.

„Go fuck yourself Kelce."

Kelce and Topper ran out and Rafe stayed in the dressing room with y/n. She looked at him, not saying a word, and with a sigh she turned around to leave.

„Y/n wait, please."

„Rafe why are you doing this? You promised me you leave my friends alone. And like what, two days later, you are getting ready to beat JJ and catcalling Kiara? It's not going to work like this Rafe, do you get it?"

„I do I swear. But I can't just start being nice to pogues, they would notice something."

„You can do nothing. That would be perfect, if you just fucking stayed out of bullshit like this for once." y/n was getting really frustrated. She really liked Rafe, but if he's going to continue like this, she's going to end it.

„I know, I'm sorry. I'll do better. It's just all new to me you know. But I don't want to lose you." He embraced her in a hug and kissed her forehead. „Do you want to disappear?"

„I would love to, but I have to get back to work." He just nodded, giving her another kiss, then letting her leave.

When she got out of the dressing room, she went to check if JJ is still there and ask Pope what happened after that. But none of them was there. 

„Hey Mr. Heyward, where is Pope?"

„Pope left with all of your friends. Your brother showed up and they run away with JJ and Kiara. He left me here with all this job undone."

„Oh okay, thanks." 

Well they could have waited for me. From time to time I feel like I still don't belong into their group. I mean, yeah I'm not here as long as they are, but that wasn't my fault. But why bother, right.