30.

Y/n jumped up from the couch she fell asleep on Last night, when the door slammed shut with a bang.

She was standing face to face with JJ, looking at each other.

"I'm here just to grab my stuff." He told her and proceed to go to her room.

"JJ please, can we talk?"

"There's nothing I want to talk to you about." He started stuffing his backpack with clothes.

"JJ. Nothing happened while we were together."

"I don't care when it happened. You let Rafe fuck you. RAFE! After all the bullshit He did to us. He killed sheriff Peterkin and blamed your brother, but I guess that doesn't bother you."

"You have no idea what you are talking about! And yes I know, because I was there, and I saw it all! But I ended things with him after that."

"And I'm just supposed to believe that? By the way he reacted to us kissing I guess he didn't end things with you."

"JJ please, you can't leave me. I need you." She stepped into his way as he tried to leave the room. She stepped closer, ran hand through his hair and than left it at his cheek. Tears started falling down her cheeks.
"I can't do this alone. You told me you are here for me no matter what. So I'm begging you. Don't leave me now, after some stupid mistake I did."

He finally looked into her eyes. He didn't say a thing, just pulled her hand of his face and as he passed by he said "then I guess we both are a liars."

She stayed frozen on the spot. He really did left her there. "No, this can't be happening." Y/n told to herself, turned around and ran behind him. When she got to the door, he was getting in a car with Pope and Kiara. Pope tried to wave at her, but Kiara shot him a death glance.

The three of them got In the car and drove off. Y/n was just looking at the car going away. Still crying, she took her backpack and went to the school.
They were supposed to do this together. To help her get through the first day on new school.

Now she has to do it alone.

When she got there, it felt like everyone was staring at her. Some of them were whispering about her as the new girl. Some of them knew, she is John B's sister. She almost missed it, as her thoughts were still with JJ this morning.

There was built a memorial for her brother. Nice words, pictures put on a surf board, where people laid flowers in front of it. Tears formed in her eyes again. She looked up to blink, to get rid of them, when she saw JJ, Kiara and Pope standing by the stairs looking at her.

For a second she thought that maybe they decided to wait for her after all. She took a few steps toward them and they turned around and walked away.

The tears were back and now she couldn't hold them back. She had most of the classes with them, so it's going to be absolutely horrible.

Kiara didn't look at her at all, JJ was avoiding her and Pope was just following them.

The classes were boring, y/n was barely able to keep focus on what the teachers were saying. The last subject of the day was finally there. They had history, which was probably the most boring one.

Y/n was sitting all the way in the back, almost falling asleep when someone phone started buzzing.

"Who's phone is that? No one's, no phone's are alowed in here guys. You have a test coming, so we have to repeat, now-" she stopped listening to him when JJ got up and went to show Kie and Pope something.

They were looking at each other in disbelief, then JJ just ran out of the classroom, followed by Kiara and apologizing Pope.

Y/n felt the urge follow them, to find out what was going on, but she knew very well she was not welcome there. So she stayed to the end of the class and went back home.

...

She took the longer way, just so she does not have to be in that empty house, alone with her thoughts.

When she got there, she heard bunch of voices coming from the back porch. She looked out of the window, Pope, Kiara and JJ were sitting there, drinking beers out of her fridge, like nothing.

Y/n got really pissed.

She swung the door open and leaned into the door frame, making them shut up and look at her.

"What are you doing here?" They started looking at each other, not sure what to say.

"We didn't realize, we just-"

"Pope, shut up" Kiara stopped him.

"Okay, if I remember correctly, you stopped talking to me, so I don't see a fucking reason why you should be here, drinking my beer." She said to them, grabbing the can out of Kiara's hands and throwing it away.

"You are mad at us? You have no right to be mad at us! We are mad at you!"

"Why? Hm? Because I had sex with Rafe?" Y/n was holding eye contact, challenging her to try something.

"Yes, because you fucked Rafe. Why the fuck would you do that?"

"Because I can and because I wanted to! And as far as I'm concerned it's not any of your fucking business."

"Oh my god, you are such a whore."

"Kie!" Pope and JJ yelled at her at the same time, trying to get between the girls but Y/n was faster. Now she was the one who slapped Kiara over her face, making her stumble backwards.

"That’s fucking enough. You decided you no longer want to be my friends, so you can find another place to crash. Now get the fuck out of my house." She told them dissapearing in the house. They were arguing outside for a while, but then they left without another word.