38.

She thought that somehow they knew she's alive and they were coming to get her. But she quickly realized they weren't coming to the ship, but were going away from the ship.

Rafe pulled her away checking if she's okay, Smile spread on his lips. "What happened?"

"I'll tell you everything later. What happened here?"

"I'll tell you everything, lot of things happened. Come on, let's go inside." He wrapped arm around her shoulders, leading her inside. She took one last glance towards the boat. But they were far away by now.

"We went to your dad, trying to get confession out of him. His new security shot me." Rafe started scanning her body, so she pulled her t-shirt up, showing her scar.

"Motherfuckers, who was it? I'm going to kill them." He brushed the scar with his thumb.

"Your dad saved me." That sentence caused Rafe to look proud of his father.

"Then he locked me in some basement without windows and kept me there." His Smile faded.

"Rose told me that they arrested you, but Ward took the blame and that he's gone? She's been moving me since then. Sedated me, and put me in another windowless room. I thought I was gonna go crazy. They took me on this ship as well, bit Wheezie heard me and helped me out."

Rafe looked angry, very angry. He pulled her closer into hug. "I'm so sorry for everything. I'm done with them. I will take care of you. I will take care of us. Okay?" She nodded into his shoulder.

"Rose told you the truth. They arrested me, Barry sold me to cops. Dad took the blame and then blew up the Druthers while on it."

Y/n stopped in her tracks. "Wait your dad is dead?"

"Well he wanted everyone to think that, but he prepared the scuba gear before the explosion."

"Fuck."

"Yeah, also I've found the cross?"

"What cross?" She looked confused.

"Ou shit sorry, you probably don't know. This chick Limbrey showed up at our house, looking for some island room? Long story short there was giant golden cross hiden in the old church in the swamps, she had a key and hoped she will find some magical blanket or some shit. She was crazy."

"Wait Librey? Some crazy chick kidnapped Pope because of some key."

"Yeah, that sounds like her. The cross is apparently Heywards legacy."

"Is that why they were here? I saw them on the boat."

"Yeah, John B came for Sarah and Pope for the cross. John B got Sarah, but they didn't got the cross."

"They weren't asking for me?"

"Nope. Sarah was the one to tell me you got shot and you're dead."

"How could they even know? They left me there, not knowing if I'm alive or not."

"I told you before love, all they care about is themselves. Forget about them, we are going to be rich. Are you ready to go full kook?" Smirk was playing on his lips, causing her to Smile.

"Fuck yeah." They started laughing, Rafe picked her up and spun her around. They've reached the room they were heading to, and met Rose with Wheezie in the Hall.

"Hi Rose." She smiled at her.

"What- How did you got out?" Rose was nervous. Y/n was getting angry.

"You will never go near her ever again, do you understand me? You touch her again and I will not care you are my stepmother. Got it?" Rafe stepped in. Rose was scared of him, and had a reason.

"Yeah, got it."

"What are you doing here?" Rafe changed the subject.

"Your father got hurt. The doctor is with him. John B beat him pretty badly." Rose looked at Y/n, which just gave her a proud smile. Rafe went in to talk to his dad.

"If you try anything-"

"Then what Rose? You're going to drug me and lock me in your basement?"

"What?" Wheezie was looking at her stepmother.

"Nothing Wheez. Nothing." Y/n just smirked at her. She's done letting people treat her like shit.

...

Meanwhile John B and the group arrived at some deserted Island. John B was sitting on beach, looking into distance. Sarah came to him, sat down next to him.

"What's wrong?"

"I don't know. Nothing. I just had this feeling, when we were leaving, that I saw Y/n on the boat. That person with Rafe."

Sarah started stroking his back. "I know you would love if it was her. Me too. But we saw her got shot."

"But Shoupe said there was no sign of her being there."

"John B my dad took care of it. Do you think he needed another murder on his back with everything that was going on?"

"Yeah, you are probably right." He smiled at his girlfriend letting the thoughts of his sister go.