12

Two of us- Louis Tomlinson

I can say that all of this is from personal experience on how a person feels after their loved one passes away. I lost my grandpa in 2020 to covid. I can't do much for him. We couldn't even see him properly for the last time. In my culture, we burn the body but we weren't allowed to do that because of the virus. We couldn't bring him home and give him last respect he deserved. I always cry hearing Two of us because it just helps me alot remembering him. Just like Jay, he didn't deserved to pass away that quickly. My condolences to everyone who have ever lost their loved them because it's so difficult to cope up with it.

"I lost my mum"

Silence.

It was all that was left. A tear escaped Louis' eye. "S-She was in the hospital for about six months. T-The past two months were rough. T-The doctors had already t-told me she won't survive" Louis confessed. Harry moved his hand and held Louis' tightly. "S-She passed away the day I left you at Zayn's" he added. Harry stood up as he wrapped his arms around him. Louis instantly hugged him back because he knew he needed it. He needed someone to hold him and listen to his rants about his mum.

"S-She didn't have to go Harry. S-She was all fine b-but. I don't know. T-The doctors told me but I-I didn't tell everyone" Louis rambled. Harry brushed his hair as he said,"Shh. Breathe for me. It's alright. Everything's gonna be alright". Louis sniffed as he confessed,"W-We have everything Haz. E-Everything. Every luxury, all the money, the property b-but not our m-mum". "She's in a better place" Harry replied in a low tone.

Louis gently closed his eyes as tears rushed down his cheek. "Tell me about her" Harry stated. Louis slowly nodded as he replied,"S-She was my best friend. W-We would always share secrets with each other. I-I don't know what would I be without her. S-She always supported me the most. O-On Christmas, we would sit infront of fireplace and cuddle each other". A sigh left Louis' lips as he added,"I miss her".

They were interrupted by Louis' phone ringing. He removed himself from Harry and picked it up. "Hello" he answered. "Lou" he heard his sister call. He took a deep breath as he asked,"Yeah?". "W-We told the twins" Lottie stated with her voice shaking. Louis didn't reply for a minute. His eyes were heavy from all the crying. The glow on his face was gone while the smile which would brighten everyones day was gone long ago.

"T-They want to visit her grave" Lottie stated. "Yeah" Louis whispered. "I'll be there in ten" Louis stated as he hung the call. He turned to Harry who had his gaze over him. He stood up and asked,"Are you okay?". Louis softly nodded as he added,"My sisters didn't knew". Harry tilted his head in confused as Louis continued,"They were told today. They want to visit m-mum's grave". Harry nodded as he turned to and held the glass of water. He handed it to Louis and asked,"How about you eat first and then go?".

~

"I- Can I ask you something?" Louis asked. Harry nodded as he picked the dishes from Louis. "Will you join me?" He asked catching Harry off guard. He turned around and started rambling,"But Lou, what would I do with your family? No, they'd find me weird there. Right? You won't want that". Louis reached over as he cupped his cheeks and said,"No, they won't. They know about you". "They know?" Harry asked in a low tone. Louis nodded and added,"I just need your, support".

Harry ended up agreeing and joined Louis in. They both were on their way to Louis' house. Nervous was an understatement, Harry was having a panic attack in his own. He never saw Louis' family. He didn't even knew he had sisters. But one thing that confused him was that how would his family know that he was staying with Louis and for what reasons?

~

There was awkwardness in the car. Harry sat infront while Louis' four sisters sat at back. They had two dogs at the back. One was a black curly one and the other was a golden one. He could steal a glance at them from the mirror. They looked so devastated. The sadness was clearly visible on their faces. Harry turned towards Louis who was silent. But his pain was also clearly visible.

Soon the car came to a stop. They all came out and walked towards the grave yard. It was already drizzeling and the darkness there wasn't helping alot. Louis and Harry let the girls walk infront while Louis held the dog's lease.  They followed them inside as the blondie showed them directions. Harry felt his hand touched as he turned to see Louis who was trying to hold his hand but hesitated. Harry gave him a small smile and instantly held his hand.

When they reached the grave, the girls started shedding tears. One of them placed flowers on it. "I miss you mum" one of the twins stated. Louis reached over as he hugged her. Harry stood there as all of them hugged each other. He looked at Jay's grave, instant memories of his grandmother started rushing in.

He remembered the day she passed away.

Harry was brought to his senses back when he felt arms wrapping around him. He saw Louis standing right infront of him. He hugged him back and gently rubbed his back. As they parted away, they both looked at each other. Harry took a deep breath looking at his teary eyes. He moved his hand and cupped his cheek. He used his thumb to wipe away a tear flowing down Louis' eye.

Louis lowered his gaze as he turned to the dog's and let them moved infront. The dogs started crying out. The black curly one, was laying on the grave while the golden one had its head down.

A loud sound of lightning struck, making the girls jump. "Go back to the car girls" Louis ordered. The girls nodded and walked back towards the car while Harry, Louis and the dogs stayed. Louis bent down as he gently ran his hands through their fur.

"She's in a better place now" he stated in a low tone. The dogs turned their head back to the ground. Louis took a deep breath as he stood up and said in a low tone,"We need to get back". The golden labradoodle silently walked towards his side but the other one didn't. Louis sighed as he said,""Cliff, come on".

Suddenly it started to rain heavily making them getting soaked up. "Cliff its raining. You'll get sick" Louis stated with concern in his voice. Cliff stood up as he walked towards Louis. They all silently went towards the car. As they were about to get in, Louis took a blanket and gave it to Harry.

"You'll get sick" he stated and started driving.

What did I do to deserve him? Harry thought..........