Chapter 01 - Starting Fresh

7 Years Ago - Right After Tenrou Island Arc

Cynthia's POV

It's been 3 months now since Natsu-san and the others have been missing since the S-Class Mage Promotion Trail. I've missed them greatly and ever since the news has spreaded throughout Magnolia, actually all of Fiore... everyone has been trying their best to not lose hope, but we who were left behind at FairyTail believed that everyone would come back sooner or later. Well, at least in our guild that is.

I've been trying my best to smile in front of Macao, who is currently our 'Fourth Master' to watch over the guild since Master Makarov... disappeared. Obviously we can't just abandon our guild so easily and we needed someone to be a father figure and to watch over us. Since he became master of the guild, the stress of Fairy Tail has affected Macao.

I don't blame him for being stressed out, since now our guild has lost our title of the Strongest Guild in Fiore. We now rank to the lowest of all guilds, we get many complaints, name calling and everyone pity us for losing our strongest mages.

It hurts me that we've been looking down upon by everyone who doesn't acknowledge us as a strong guild anymore. I've had just enough of people's damn whines and bullying like they think we are weak. They thought wrong.

Honestly and not trying to brag and all but, Master Makarov left behind one of his strongest mage, who appears to be an S-Class Mage despite of their looks and age. You may already know who this is. Yup, you guessed it right. That's me! Cynthia Adara, mage of Fairy Tail!

My magic consists of Lost Magic that contains Light, I can requip my weapons into a beautiful, majestic spear that can cut practically almost everything, and I can turn it into a bow. However my arrows are made out of light magic that I control them by my will, I can heal wounds to an extent. Similar to Wendy's but not as much, oh and the last type of magic that I am able to use is gravitation magic.

Pretty neat magic huh? It's surprising how I'm the youngest out of all of the S-Mages in Fairy Tail but I am proud to be one! Even though they had an S-Class Exam and that all S-Class Mages were required to be part of the test, I was the only one who stayed behind. Reason being... Master Makarov wanted me to watch over the Guild if anything happens, second he doesn't want me to get hurt since I was 12... I'm guessing.

Why would I get hurt if I was already known as an S-Class Mage and that Wendy is my age...? Well lets just say that he treats me like I'm his actual Granddaughter. I love him like as if he was my blood-related Grandpa, but sometimes I just wish he would let me do things that I wanted to do.

Without even bothering to argue with Master Makarov or I should call him 'Gramps'. I found it rather pointless to argue with him for hours so I just left it at that. Thinking about this, at that time and at that moment right before the exams, made me worry and I had a really bad feeling within my gut. The outcome of this was right. Natsu, Erza, Lucy, Wendy, Gray and everyone have all disappeared.

Tenrou island was just wiped out and no sign of anything being left behind, because of this dragon called Acnologia. I shook my head and slapped my cheeks with both of my hands to forget all of this. I didn't want everyone else down so I thought of a way to escape this... issue for now.

I walked up to the board of job postings, but there were barely anymore due to the fact that Fairy Tail was on the verge of... Oh! You know what I mean. My big soft purple eyes were wandering across the board and stopped to see a job that was fit for an S-Class Mage, it's an extended trip that was for a year which doesn't seem to be that bad. A little long but something else that they offered caught my eye. Whoever will take on this job will receive 1.5 million jewel!!!