Chapter 18 - Instincts and Opening Ceremony

Cynthia's POV

I woke up with a slight headache chewing on me. Groaning I looked up to what it looks like the ceiling? Wait. Wasn't I with Sting earlier? Where am I? And what on earthland happened to me?! Slightly panicking, I looked around the room to see another bed on my left and saw Wendy's figure along with Carla who was lying down beside her, making me to smile in relief. I'm glad they're getting rest and they seem to be okay. I gathered up my strength to sit up on the bed and look around the room. It was a decent size but comfy.

Wonder if the games started already and what time is it now? I was curious to know, so I swung my legs and placed them on the cold stone floor. I walked over to Wendy's bed placing a hand on her forehead. No fever or anything. That's good. I gazed over to my far right to see the door opening and it was Porlyusica. She was taken back when she saw me and walked inside without saying anything. It was too quiet in the room... Or it was more like awkward. I shifted awkwardly in my spot where I was standing next to Wendy's bed and I bit my lip.

"I see you're awake. How are you feeling?". Surprised at her soft tone, I looked up to see Porlyusica looking at me. I was expecting like a very gruff and angered tone but it appears not. Maybe she's in a good mood?

"I'm fine thanks. Just a little dizzy but I'll be okay." I smiled.

"I see... Do you remember anything earlier?"

"Yeah... I remember everything. Oh and do you where we are? And how I got here?"

"That's good. We are in the infirmary for Fairy Tail of the games arena and it was earlier when Levy, Droy and Jet who barged in here. You carried by Jet in his arms and you look liked you fainted but you seem to be fine now." She calmly said.

"Oh I see... Thanks! How long have I been out...?"

"You should actually thank the three of them. They were the ones who brought you here anyway, and not too long. Maybe four hours ago or so." She looked at me with her red alluring eyes.

"I will, and four hours or so?! Wow..." I mumbled.

"Hmph." She stared at me for quite some time. It felt like she was searching for something, I shifted uncomfortably under her gaze making my to sweat drop.

"Do you remember anything after the disappearance of everyone at Tenrou Island?" She looked at me curiously.

I thought about it. Long and hard. Everything seems to be a blur and I can't make out any of the images. I cringed trying to think back and gazed over to Porlyusica who was waiting for my answer.

"I honestly don't. Except for my accident that I fell off the cliff and being at the guild with everyone except Natsu and them..." I nervously croaked.

She didn't seem to be surprise but only nodded in my direction and back to Wendy. Again. It was awkward so I puffed my cheeks and went to sit on my bed. Porlyusica broke the silence about going out for a breather and to chat with someone. Soon she left the infirmary. I sighed. Man, it's kind of scary to be in a room with her since she hates humans but she isn't that bad at all. I chuckled at the thought. After a few moments later, the door swung open viewing Natsu and the others with looks of worry.

"Cynthia! Wendy!" The pink haired dragon slayer yelled. Everyone stopped in their tracks and looked up to see me waving at them. Boy did they look surprised.

"Uh, hey guys!" I smiled.

"You're okay!~" Happy flew over to me and hugged me. I patted his head in return.

"Yeah I'm fine but Wendy and Carla..." I sighed looking over to them.

"We're glad you're doing well!" Lucy walked up to me to give me a hug and I noticed Natsu to smile at me and I smiled in exchange while Lucy lets go of me.