Chapter 53 - Enlightenment

Chapter Shout out to Debbekham, Jackie-Rhodes, JenalynSenarillos, Stella_Villiana, bob8ginge, MoonstoneAlchemist, clair_death_13, Illuminated_Moon, Crystalmy188, SissiT927, xSecretxAngelx, LeeLuvsPocky, musamendoza, carolinemalfoy1234 and everyone. There's a lot of you guys... and I know there are more but wow ._.

Thank you all for your support and feedback <3

----

Cynthia's POV

"Wa...ke...Waaa...ke... Wake... up." I heard a voice to call out to me.

"Da...re?" I asked softly to no one in particular but the darkness shrouding me. I've lost to the darkness again... twice now.

"You have to wake up my dear child." the voice called out and slowly caressed my cheek.

"Wake...up?"

"That's right... Fairy Tail and Sabertooth are fighting to bring you back. You must do the same." it replied as I leaned my face towards their touch.

"Everyone is fighting for me... ? Who are you?" my voice was hoarse as I felt a warm glow to engulf me and smiled slowly at its touch, trying to reach out to that person.

"Not yet... you will know soon Cynthia. Do you have your memories back now?" the voice asked softly.

"My memories... I remember..."

"What do you remember?"

My eyes widened in shock to not see darkness, but gold warm light surrounding me. However, there was no sign of that person talking to me. I looked down at my body to see that I was wearing a simple white dress that was flowy and I had no shoes on, but bare footed.

I thought about it in my mind, about the voice asking me if I remembered...but it was blurry at first. Then slowly, I focused on it to sharpen the scene. And at that moment, my mind... it showed me... with Sting and Lector when we first met. It was all visible now.

When I first slept over at his place, him making promises at our thinking place as he was giving me a nickname that I've treasured. Promising Lector to defeat Natsu.The time when I comforted him when he was sad talking about Wiesslogia, and that was when I made flower crowns and necklaces for him and Lector at the pond. Then I was sleeping in his bed with him, because of my weakness of the thunderstorm that we ran away from.

The scene when I first bought my blue camera... when we took photos together. I remember that picture frame in Sting's room... the one when we were kids. The first time when I left them and when he gave me the necklace. The necklace that I've always worn and loved... I felt tears to drip down on my cheeks.

Tears of happiness.

There were many more memories that were all playing in my head, I covered my mouth with both of my hands to stifle my sob. There was a replay of how I met Rogue and Frosch at the train station to hang out with my best friends... then soon they became my bestfriends. Oh how I've longed to see these memories again. I've finally got them back! Im so happy... I bursted out in tears, to hear a soft chuckle.

"I can see that you do remember."

"I... I remember everything.. I remember meeting Sting-kun, Lector, Rogue-kun and Frosch. The meeting and moments that we had. The past three years... ever since the disappearance of Natsu and the others from Tenrou Island... I remember." I cried.

"That's good.. Do you remember your accidental fall?"

"I... do... I remember Helta-san and the demon that I had to slay in his village. It all makes sense now." I whispered.