Chapter 50 - Suffering

I'm Baaaccccckkk!~ Well yesterday I was. I was too tired to finish this chapter but I did! Here it is! Camping was good but short! D: I wanted it to be longer but at the same time, I'm glad it was short because if it was long... I wouldn't be able to post a chapter for you readers! DDD:

But I'm back ;) Anywayssss. Thankyou all for being patient! Enjoy this chapter :)

-----

Hotaru's POV

Damn it all. Damn Master Kurai and his evil plans.

I felt incapable of helping Cynthia who was being dragged into this mess. I wanted to strangle him right there and then in his throne room, but if I did... I would've been dead by now and who knows of what would happen to Cynthia. I wouldn't want to lose sight of her... I want to help her, to get her back to her friends. If that is what you call them? I've never experienced the feelings of having friends or someone I would want to protect.

After what Cynthia told me through our battle and when I was there in her cell, when Master Kurai called me in, I couldn't bring myself to look her in the eyes. I was empty, emotionless and strangled by unpleasant and infuriating things within my mind. She wanted to help me... to help me change for the better and to escape from evil.

But Cynthia... she was different. I heard her right after I left her prison cell... alone with Master Kurai. She called me a person with a heart and not a demon. Why was that?

However, I was still conflicted of choosing sides. Master Kurai was not a very easy person to commute with. He was a psycho and a killer. A devil.

He won't let off anyone easily nor would he let them stay alive. Except for Cynthia... he needed her power and use her as a puppet just like each and everyone of his demons to do his dirty work.

What a troublesome way to live.

I sighed as I ran a hand through my red locks while I was walking towards the cell room where Cynthia was located, which she was chained up to. I felt frustrated and useless to help her. I would but... I'm not that strong to overcome Master. Even if I did, I would've been dead by now. After all, I was his creation in the first place.

Slowly opening the door, I felt the air to be really tense and evil. Dark magic that Master casted upon Cynthia, who looked like she was wrapped in a black cocoon and mummified. Closing the door behind me, I took a few steps towards the purple and black aura floating freely and surrounding the whole room.

It was the beginning of a new evil to be born within a few hours... or even minutes! I went up towards her cocoon slowly making sure that I wouldn't be attacked and thankfully I wasn't. But even if I got attacked, it wouldn't bring up much of an effect to me. I am darkness itself, however...

The shadows that Master casted can be very deadly and someone could easily be stabbed and triggered into darkness if one's heart... was good. For me, I wasn't sure. I was still a pure demon with no heart.. just feelings that I've never experienced before. Quickly taking off the chained cuffs around her wrists and ankles, I gently carried her mummified body bridal style in my arms. She felt cold and... dead, despite of the cocoon that was wrapped up on her.

I walked out of room and closed the door behind me before I left and teleported out of the hall. Then made my way into Master's chambers where he wanted me to place Cynthia, who was going to be our new Queen. A Queen of darkness. I felt a slight shiver down my back at the idea of the pure and innocent Cynthia to be taken down from her magic.

Before I could even place her down on the bed, I felt her body to shift in my arms. I gazed down to see that the black shadows wrapped around her body were now slowly fading. Meaning that it was taking effect and Cynthia wasn't fighting back at all... she was being eaten by her darkness and consumed within her dreams.