Chapter 40 - Babysitting

Chapter Dedicated to MoonstoneAlchemist, SissiT927, Stella_Villiana, Illuminated_Moon, Crystalmy188, Tsubaki_Uzamaki, _sweat_tea_ and XxAnnaDragneeLxX ! Hope you guys like this chapter :)

----

Time Skip - 3 Hours Later!~

Cynthia's POV

"Hey minna-san! I'm ba-ack?" I arched an eyebrow to see the guild with less people than usual.

"Oh hey Cynthia! Okaeri nasai!" I heard Mira from the counter, wiping a glass cup dry.

"Hey Mira-san, thanks! Um... Where's... everyone?" I asked as I took a seat on the stool in front of her, gazing throughout the guild hall.

"They all went on jobs, well most of them..."

"That's why I couldn't hear any shouting or explosions from outside the guild." I chuckled.

"Yeah... but you have a little job for yourself as well." she smiled.

"I do? By who?"

"They'll be here at any moment."

"Alright then... can you whip me up the usual Mira-san? Onegai!"

"For sure! Be right back." she smiled as she started to make my usual shake.

Suddenly, I felt a pair of small arms hugging my leg. Curious as to know who it is, I looked down to see that it was little Asuka. I smiled at her cuteness.

"Hey Asuka-chan! How are you?" I said, picking her up onto my lap.

"I've missed you Cynthia-nee!" she chirped and hugged me around my neck.

"I've missed you too!" I chuckled and gave a small squeeze.

"Cynthia-chan!" I heard a familiar voice to pipe up. Turning my head towards the source, I saw Alzack and Bisca walking towards us with smiles on their faces.

"Hey there, Alzack-san! Bisca-san!" I waved, still with little Asuka in my arms.

"Mama! Papa!" she cheered.

"There you are... Cynthia-chan! We've been looking for you." Bisca said.

"Looking for me?" I asked curiously.

"Didn't Mira tell you that we were going to talk to you?" Alzack smiled.

"She did...?" I thought about it, and remembered that I had a certain little job. But I wouldn't be able to see who it was until later. Guess that was them. "Oh yeah! I remember, eh he... gomen." I scratched my cheek nervously, making them to sweat drop. "So, what sort of job is it, that you want me to do?"

"Well... me and Bisca are going out on a mission and since everyone is mostly out on jobs, we wanted someone to take care of Asuka for us while we're away. Mira can't watch over her, since she's busy with some chores, Master has to do paperwork and meet up with the council later... and the others..." Alzack nervously said.

"That is, if you don't mind, is that alright with you? Your not busy, right?" Bisca interjected.

"Of course I can! I don't mind at all! Asuka-chan is my favorite little girl to babysit!" I smiled.

"Really? Thank you so much! I knew we could count on you!" Bisca beamed.

"You be a good girl to Cynthia-chan, alright?" Alzack said as he came over to pick up Asuka in his arms and kissed her on the cheek.

"I will Papa! I promise to not give Cynthia-nee a hard time!" she giggled, hugging him tightly and lovingly to her father.

"We'll come right back." Bisca mentioned and kissed her daughter's cheek as well, then Alzack placed her down on the ground.