Chapter 23 - Standing Ovation

4K Reads! Holy Moly!
Thank you guys! I know I've said it countless of times but I don't care! I love you all (,:

----

Time Skip ~ Day 3 of Grand Magic Games

Cynthia's POV

"There will be one participant from each guild. Please choose your representative!" Chapati announced for the games of the third day.

Here I was standing next to my four comrades. I was now a real member of Fairy Tail B Team, and I am feeling enthusiastic right now! This type of match was called Pandemonium. I wasn't too sure of what that was but I didn't care. I don't have any weakness right now, all I wanted to do is win for Fairy Tail to gain more points and have fun while it lasted.

"I think you should you go and give it a try!" Mira smiled in my direction. I turned to face her in surprise and saw that Juvia, and Laxus smiled in my direction while Gajeel smirked. Making me to sweat drop at his usual attitude.

"Are you sure? You guys don't mind?" I asked with determination.

"Of course shorty. You are the reserve member that master assigned you to. Go now!" The Iron Head said, trying to push me and Laxus nodded.

"Okay okay! No need to push." I huffed my cheeks.

"Good luck Cynthia-chan!" Juvia waved and I gave her a thumbs up as I jumped off from the booth and landed onto the ground softly.

I could feel someone looking over to me. Again. I didn't care, I wasn't going to let him ruin my time and I won't even look at him for all I care. I didn't need his drama and if he wants to talk to me then he needs to think about what I said last night.

Mataku.

I walked towards the center of the arena and found out that Erza was going to participate in as well. She gave me a smile making me to grin back at her. This was going to be fun!

"From Mermaid Heel, it looks like Millianna is taking the field!" Chapati's voice announced.

Millianna.... wasn't she from the time at The Tower of Paradise? I looked over to see that it really was her! She looked really pretty and matured a lot over the seven years. But it still looks like she has an appearance of still loving cats. I chuckled at the sight as I was still walking towards the center.

"All of the participants have been selected! From Sabertooth, Orga! From Lamia Scale, Jura! From Blue Pegasus, Hibiki! From Raven Tail, Obra! From Mermaid Heel, Millianna!, From Quatro Puppy, Novali! From Fairy Tail A, Erza! From Fairy Tail B, Cynthia! These are our eight competitors!".

The roars and cheers from the crowd gets me even more pumped up! I can feel the energy rising inside of me. I wonder how this would go. I mentally smirked.

The arena began to shook and I held my ground trying to not fall or embarrass myself which I didn't, thankfully! Up in the air was a purplish black magic circle that appeared, followed by a pointy and sharp thing coming out. As it came out entirely from the magic circle, it appeared to be a huge castle? Reminds me of The Tower of Paradise.

"What is that?!" Erza said.

"Wow..." Millianna added.

The castle type of place looked really dark and eerie. Feels evil and sending chills down my spine just by looking at it. But either way, I had to win for Fairy Tail no matter what kind of course it is. I have to get through it and not give up.

"Pandemonium, a temple haunted by evil monsters!" the pumpkin said.

"Evil monsters? Sounds easy to me." I gave an innocent smile.