Chapter 04 - First Thoughts

Hey readers ! Marielle here c:

This chapter is pretty much another filler of the last one but instead of Cynthia's Pov, it's Sting's!

Enjoy :D

---

Sting's POV

A few hours have past while I've been on a search for Lector and the sun was starting to set down. I looked everywhere for him! I even tried using my nose since I am a dragon slayer which was one of my perks, heh. But it didn't help me as much. His scent wasn't too strong for me to sniff out, so I just decided to walk around for a bit in the village waiting for his return or hoping that we would bump into each other.

Going around the village two times already with my hands in my pockets, the night was starting to break through. It would be late soon so I decided to walk back to my house which I lived with Lector.

Man I was bored, I wish there was something more exciting in my life. Once I reached my home, I noticed two figures in front, one of them being lector despite of his small size. The other one person I couldn't see, since I was still too far from them.

"Oy! Lector! Where were you? I was looking for you everywh-" I gasped softly and didn't finish my sentence because the figure standing there, turned around appeared to have soft purple eyes staring back at my blue ones.

She looked about my age, and was really... pretty. She had mid length sand beach hair, her skin looked soft and delicate. She seemed too innocent and pure hearted.

"Gomen, Sting-kun! I was just taking a walk and accidentally bumped into her" Lector pointed at the girl. I, on the other-hand just kept my stare at her, to be more precise, observing her.

"H-hi... My name's Cynthia Adara. I took Lector out for lunch as an apology of bumping into him, if that's alright?" she smiled softly at me. Which caught me off guard.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah! That's no problem at all! Thanks for taking care of him for me. The name's Sting Eucliffe! Nice to meet you." I gave a big smile back to her.

'Cynthia Adara... such a pretty name' I thought to myself.

"Ah, so you're the Sting-kun that Lector kept on telling me about" she giggled.

'Oh man, Lector did it again didn't he? Oh well... she didn't seem to mind' I thought.

"I see you've heard about me already...." I chuckled while looking at Lector.

"Sting-kun! Is it alright if Cynthia-chan can stay with us? She doesn't have a place to go to, so I offered her because I didn't want her to be by herself." he beamed.

"Ahhh, Lector!" Cynthia stared at the ground while blushing.

'So cute...No wait... What am I even thinking about that?!?!' I said in my thoughts.

"Yeah, that's alright with me! You took care of Lector when I wasn't there, so you're welcome to stay over! Just think about it as a thank you gift from me and Lector" grinning, I walked up towards her and took a hold of her small hand while walking into my house.

"A-arigato..." she shyly replied.

"No problem! Are you hungry or anything?" I asked while taking a seat on a stool.

"Hmmm, is it a-alright if I can take a shower?"

"Sure! I'll show you where it is!"

I got off the stool and walked across the room to stand in front of a door that was on my right hand side and opened the door.

"Here ya go! Not spacious or anything to your liking... Sorry" mumbling, under my breath.

"No worries! It's a nice bathroom, it'll do" Cynthia winked at me.

This is the first time that a girl has ever winked at me... I blushed at her remark and turned around.

"The towels are in the closet on your left, and everything else is in the shower" I added.

"Thank you Sting-kun!"

"You're welcome" I beamed while walking towards the living room, with the blush that was still planted on my cheeks.

Trying the get rid of blush off my cheeks, I lay down on the couch while looking up at the ceiling. Sighing, I turned my head over the side to get more comfortable and saw Lector's face right in front of me, which made me jump out of the couch a little.

"Geez Lector! You almost gave me a mini heart attack!" I facepalmed, trying to process of what happened. He gave me a cheeky grin.

"Sorry Sting-kun!, Ne-ne... Why are you blushing?"

"I-its nothing!" I blushed even harder and looked away from him.

"Liar"

"Just forget it Lector, it's not much of a big deal" I sighed and got off the couch to walk towards my bedroom to grab a pillow and a blanket from my bedroom closet. Holding both of them in my arms, I walked back towards the living room and saw Lector sitting on the couch waiting for me. Or more like my answer. I placed the pillow and blanket down on the couch and sat right beside Lector who kept his stare at me.

"What?"

"Tell me Sting-kun! Why are you blushing...? Is it because of Cynthia-chan?" he grinned evilly.

I blushed even harder and tried to focus my stare elsewhere around the house.

"N-no! It's not..."

"Yes it is"

"No!"

"It is~" Lector placed his paw under his chin and winked.

I groaned and placed my hand over his head.

"Shhh, enough alright? I don't like her that way! I just met her today..." I blushed.

"Whatever you say Sting-kun" he bellowed.

I noticed a sweet scent behind me and saw Cynthia who was in her sleeping clothes, standing there awkwardly. Lector and I gave her a smile and she gave a smile back.

"Cynthia-chan! You take my bed okay? I'll sleep on the couch!" I came up to her and pointed towards my bedroom.

"No! It's okay, I'll sleep on the couch! Im only a guest here and it doesn't feel right to take the bed from you" she gave me a small smile.

"No way! Take the bed okay! I'm going to force you, whether you like it or not!" pushing her towards the my bedroom door.

"B-But-"

"No butts, Cynthia-chan! I'm saying that you should take it, so be grateful that you get my bed!" I beamed.

"Uh... Fine. I lost, you win! Happy?" she playfully glared at me, causing me to place a huge grin on my face.

"Very happy! Well goodnight Cynthia-chan! If you need anything else just ask me alright?"

"I will, thank you!" she bowed.

"N-no need to b-bow! It's too polite..." I sheepishly grinned and scratched the back of my neck.

"A-alright... Good night Sting-kun, Lector" she smiled sweetly.

"Night!" Lector and I said at the same time.

I turned off all of the lights around the house and walked up to the couch that Lector and I would be sharing. Lector came up beside me and curled up in my chest while I lay there thinking about Cynthia. Grinning about what happened today, I shut my eyes and soon I was engulfed in darkness.

---

Hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Kind of slow and everything, but I promise the next one will be longer and good :)