Chapter 31 - Perception

6 Freaking K Reads!!!! Woooahhh... Thanks Guys! Chapter dedicated to everyone! To my usual and lovely readers who have always voted and commented on the chapters every time. You know who you are! There's so many of you and I love you all to bits ! In a non creepy way! Lol. And I haven't shout out to these readers yet... but for ArielLux, musamendoza and ColorBookNerd! If I forget you, I'm so sorry! There's just many of you. On with the story!

—————-

Sting's POV

Fighting these dragons were a pain in the ass. But since I am a dragon slayer, I had the courage by Natsu-san's words. I felt encouraged to protect my comrades. To protect Cynthia, which she finally realized to see me... as a friend though. Not yet a best friend. But I hope she does consider it and she even forgave for my past actions.

Thinking about her made me really happy and it motivated me even more to fight to the finish. I have to carefully and quickly bring down these dragons and save my comrades, to save Cynthia. So we can make more memories together and fulfill our promise.

I'm still in utter shock from moments ago that Cynthia had made a promise to me about finding Lector which I did not seem to know about. She was a wonder to me. No matter what happens, she always seems to fascinate me in every way. But even so, I am still grateful and so glad that I could see Lector again. Just thinking about him dying in front of me at that moment by Master and at last minute to be saved by Minerva.

Was devastating.

Then Cynthia came along with Lector in her arms, which I've never thought of what she would actually do for me. She was truly an amazing person and that's what I like that about her. I even let her to call me by her nickname she gave when we were young. Hearing my nickname from her lips were soothing. I'd never thought I'd get to hear that nickname again.

Remembering our embrace was warm, gentle and comfortable. I wanted to keep her tight my arms again. Feeling her soft light brown locks running through my fingers delicately and falling it gently onto her back. It felt nice. Especially when she asked me to make a promise for her. To find her memories about our times together. I will fulfill that promise for Cynthia. But my whole world shattered right here and then.

As I placed a hand out for her to reach, it never did.

Opening my eyes to see what happened. I froze in sight of her. My body trembled in fear, shock, pain, anger many mixed emotions were slowly rising in me.

I was horrified.

What made it even worse was seeing her to spit out red liquid form her mouth and onto the ground. The red blood dripping down on chin and slowly making its way to stain her clothes and skin. Her blood.

My eyes widened at the sight. I could already tell that Rogue, Lector and Frosch were as terrified as I was. My best friend got pierced by a dragon behind her. Its claw-like finger deepening its stretch in her, making sickening sounds. I couldn't do anything except to gasp in surprise and shock. Paralyzed in spot. I felt like as if someone pulled my heart out from me. Until I heard a few words escaping out from her lips.

"Wha...What.....?" she softly said.

In return, I felt tears running down from my face. Her mouth gaped open again hoping that she would speak but instead she threw up more of her red blood.

"S-Sting.... k-kun..." she croaked with his voice being scratchy and dry.

I saw that she was trying to reach out to me and I snapped out of my trance and ran after her. Reaching my hand trying to interlock with hers. Her face was filled with shock and pain.