Chapter 03 - Encounters

Long Chapter ! ~

Time Skip! - 7 Months Later

Cynthia's POV

Finally! It took me awhile to find that rare item piece that seemed to be a mirror that Riza was trying to get her hands on. Apparently it gives three wishes to the rightful owner which was originally Riza. It was passed down in her family generation and was missing because someone stole it without her knowing and got misplaced.

She wished for her loved one to come back home, because he's been missing for 3 years now, I found it kind of sad to be lonely for Riza but I'm glad her loved one came back. Once she made her wish he appeared at the door within 30 minutes! Crazy huh?

The job wasn't too hard. It just took a long time, but I enjoyed it. There were some burglars and some unexpected events that bothered me, however it didn't take me that long beat them without going full out on my powers.

"Here's the 1.5 million jewel you earned and worked so hard for Cynthia-chan!" Riza handed me a bag full of jewels.

"Arigato! It was no problem, it wasn't too hard for me" I smiled.

"Ehh, Riza! We should add a little more. After all it was worth it and she truly is a strong one indeed." Her lover commented and smiled at me.

"No no! It's okay. This will be good enough! Thank you though!"

"Nope, you have to accept it! So we're making it 2 million jewel!" he beamed.

"I assure you! It's okay! Really!"

"It's fine! Besides, we can always wish for more jewels" they grinned.

"A-ah... hai...If you say so..." I sweatdropped.

Riza and her lover, whose name was Yamura lead me towards the door.

"I hope one day that our child can be like you Cynthia-chan! Our child to be strong, kind, friendly, loveable, polite and strong willed." Riza smiled sweetly to me as she crouched down to my level.

This caught my attention and I blushed lightly at her comment.

"Thank you? Haha, I don't get at much compliments like this... demo, I think that your child will become amazing. Pure-hearted and strong." I answered softly.

Riza and Yamura smiled at each other and then to me.

"Be safe going back home, okay?"

"Don't worry! I'll be back home safe and sound."

Riza gave me a tight squeeze and Yamura a pat on the head.

"Goodbye! Thank you for everything and you're welcome to visit us anytime soon, okay?!?!"

"Hai! Thank you as well and hopefully next time!" I waved while walking towards the town.

——

'Hmm... It seems too early for me to go back home. Maybe I can travel around a bit? .... Yeah! That's what I'll do!' I cheered in my thoughts. Not looking where I was going I tumbled down on a hill and landed on something soft and furry.

It was really soft and warm... Almost like a blanket. I peered over to what I have landed on and saw that the soft thing was red. Red fur? I questioned. I got up slowly on my knees and looked at it closely. It appeared to be a cat? No wait, an exceed! Like Happy, Carla and Lily! Except for the fact that this exceed is younger. Poor thing... I didn't mean to land on it.

"Are you alright?" I asked while petting its head.

The exceed seemed to mumble a few things that I couldn't hear, until it's eyes stared at me with a gawk.