Chapter 48 - Devastated

Third POV

"Wen-Wendy! Wake up!" Carla shouted, shaking Wendy with her paws who crawled over to her partner. Needless to say, Carla still felt injured and weak from the hit that she received from that Hotaru person. A mysterious figure who wanted to kidnap Cynthia for some reason, Wendy and Carla had no idea why.

"C-Cynthia-chan..." she heard Wendy to mumble.

"This is not good. Wendy is out cold, and Cynthia has been taken... kidnapped." Carla sighed in frustration at the mess that they've gotten into.

"Wendy please! Wake up! We have to notify everyone about what happened!" the feline exceed cried, as a few tears trickled down her warm furry cheeks.

But she didn't move at all, instead she was still unconscious. Carla gazed down to see that Wendy's neck had bruises and was badly injured. However, Cynthia seemed to have taken the major injuries than Wendy. She couldn't stop him... The three of them couldn't stop him.

He was too strong, fast, and powerful. If Cynthia was alone she might've finished him off, but in this case... her comrades were with her that she wanted to protect. She was blackmailed by Hotaru and had no choice to fight back, but in the end she helplessly fell into a slumber due to the lack of blood.

Carla felt so weak that she couldn't protect them or with her vision to show a perception that would've happened. Just like at the time with Lucy's cries during the Grand Magic Games. Carla couldn't help but feel weak, irritated and angry at herself for not being able to do anything.

"I'm so sorry Wendy.... I didn't protect you or Cynthia...." she cried and buried her face into Wendy's long dark blue hair.

"C-Car....Carla..." Wendy mumbled weakly and making Carla to look up to meet her eyes, her vision glassy and teary eyed.

"Wendy!" she cried and hugged her, making her partner to cringe in pain.

"A-Are you okay? W-Where's Cynthia-chan?" she mumbled weakly, trying to slowly look around our surroundings then stared up at the sky. WIthout the Sky Dragon Slayer to notice, her furry partner felt a twinge of pain in her heart. Wendy doesn't know that Cynthia was taken away yet.

"I... She's been taken away..." Carla sighed softly, a few tears to prick on her eyes.

"N-No way! W-We didn't... protect her." Wendy said teary eyed.

"I know... I'm sorry this happened... if only I could make my vision to appear..."

"It's not your fault Carla... we need to get back to the guild to tell Natsu-san and the others... That's what Cynthia-chan would want us to do..."

"You're right... we can't let her down. We need to think positive! We can't give up!"' Carla said, trying to get up and flapped out my wings.

"Are you okay to fly Carla?" Wendy scrunched her face, trying to ignore the pain and getting up to her knees.

"I'm fine... Don't worry about me! You need more treatment than me." she gave a small smile.

"I'll heal you..."

"Wendy no. It's okay! If you heal me, you will feel much more weaker than the state you are in."

"But..."

"No butts... Come on... We need to hurry." Carla said and gently lifted her up in the sky.

"Alright... I'm counting on you Carla."

"Leave it to me Wendy! Just rest okay?"

"Mhm... I won't. I don't want you to do this alone."

"Wendy..."