Chapter 02 - Off To A Journey

Cynthia's POV

I woke up, feeling a ray of sunlight hitting against my face. Slowly opening my eyes, I raised my hand into a fist and rubbed my eye as I sat up and groaned.

Looking around the room, the first thing that came into my mind was getting ready for my job. Letting the excitement get to me, I fell off my bed and landed face flat. 'Ughhh... The things that happen to me when I get too excited, good job Cynthia... Way to start your morning!' I thought.

Forgetting of what happened I ran towards the bathroom to take a nice shower and to do my other business. Going back to my room, I changed into my outfit that consists of a black sweater that reached up to my waist, a white tank top underneath it, a pair of red shorts, black knee-high socks, and brown lace up boots that reach just below my knees.

Looking to see if I was satisfied with my outfit, I walked over to my full length mirror and complimented myself. I looked good... even though I was 12 years old. I let my hair down and loose to show my mid-half beach tanned hair that are in a few curls and tied two small pony tails on both sides of my head with red ribbon.

Completely satisfied, I grabbed my bag and walked towards my bedroom door. Thinking that this was my last stay here and coming back in a year was kind of hard to think about, but that didn't bother me as much.

I gave my room a last glance to close the door and walked down the hallway and skipping down happily towards the guild. 'Guess I should say my farewells to everyone..' muttering to myself, and not looking where I was going, I bumped into someone. I looked up to see Bisca and Alzack.

"Ahhh, sorry! I—I wasn't looking where I was going" I blushed.

"That's alright. I heard that you're going out on a job that's for a year. Is that true?" Bisca came down to my level and held my shoulders. "Ahh.. H-hai".

"That's for a long time, Cynthia-chan. We'll miss you!" Alzack came closer and patted my head.

"I'll miss you guys too... Everyone in the guild I will miss. D-demo... this isn't a goodbye, I'll be back before you know it!" I chirped. Bisca hugged me tightly and unwrapped her hug, making me to step back.

"Of course you will onee-chan!" Romeo said as he tippy toed over Bisca's shoulder and peered over to me.

"Yeah I will Romeo-kun!"

"You didn't forget to say your farewell to us... right Cynthia-chan?"

Wondering where that voice came from, I found the owner of the voice and it was Kinana, and everybody else was right behind her.

"Oi! Minna! Of course I didn't forget you! We're nakamas!" I ran up to everyone while grinning. Romeo, Bisca and Alzack were following right behind me.

"We'll miss you, and please be careful" one of them shouted.

"I will! I'll try to come earlier... I hope"

"Of course you will!" Romeo commented.

Giggling, I patted his head and messed up his hair in the process.

"O-oi! Don't mess up my hair... Geez..." he waved his hand to shoo mine away and gave me a cheeky grin.

"You got everything you need?" someone in the crowd asked.

"Hai!" I yelled.

"Do you need anymore jewels with you?"

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Have you packed enough?"

They just kept on bombarding questions at my face, causing me to sweatdrop. As much as I loved them and that they really care for me, it was starting to get annoying. Knowing that this talk would keep on going, I lifted my hand as a stop sign which caused them to stop talking and stare at me.