Chapter 07 - Cherishing Memories

Third Person POV

It's been two months now since Cynthia's been staying with Sting and Lector. A year has also passed since she left the guild to go on a mission. She felt like she needed to get back home or else they will worry about her or think that she might've gone missing. This news would be heartbreaking to Sting and Lector but Cynthia knows that they would understand her and that they will always be best friends no matter how far they were apart from each other.

She was finishing up with the dishes, since the three of them just finished eating lunch.

"Oi, Stin-stin-kun, Lector... There's something I need to tell the both of you guys." Cynthia said while holding her arms nervously. They both looked at her with concern.

"What is it Cynthia-chan?" Lector started the conversation.

"Well... It's been two months now since I've been with the two of you... but, I need to get going back to my home. My family might be worried about me..." she smiled nervously.

"So... are you saying that you're just going to leave us and forget about our times together? Cee-chan...?" Sting glared at her.

"N-no!!! That isn't what I meant! Not like that way...I...just nee-" she was cut off by Sting who talked over her.

"I'm just kidding Cee-chan! You know I can never get mad at you. If you need to go, you should then. I'm not going to stop you..." he looked away sadly.

"Yeah, Cynthia-chan! Besides, Sting-kun is really strong and powerful! So you don't have to worry about us!" Lector said in his usual arrogant tone, but with a hint of reassurance.

"Haha, I don't have any doubts about that Lector!" she patted his head.

"However..." Sting added in on the conversation, making Cynthia  to look over him in confusion.

"However...?"

"You need to also promise me something..."

"And that would be...?"

"You need to visit us 10 times a month!" he chirped.

"10 times a month?!?! That's a lot... But I'll try to come visit!"

"Of course you will. The three of us are best friends!" he beamed.

"Yeah we are! Forever and always!" Lector grinned.

Cynthia smiled with a few tears in her bright purple eyes. The two of them were really surprised at her reaction and started to panic. They tried to reassure her, thinking that they might've upsetted her.

"O-oi! Lector! You made her cry!" whined Sting as he was rubbing my back.

"Sting-kun! I didn't make her cry! You started it though!" Lector panicked even more.

"W-what? No I didn't!"

"Yes you did, Sting-kun. Apologize to her!"

"B-but..."

"Sting-kun! You're stronger than that! Make her feel better!" Lector cried.

Watching the two bicker nonsense at each other made Cynthia to laugh, causing Sting and Lector to stare at her. She placed a hand on her face and laughed even more. Making the two of them to laugh with her as well.

"You two are the bestest friends that anyone can ask for!" she said as she ran up to them and hugged both of them in her arms. In return, they hugged back with huge smiles on their faces.

"I love you both!" she squealed.

"Same here!" Lector replied. With Sting, all he could do was stare at Cynthia with a blush creeping up on his face. He couldn't say anything after what she has said. So he left it at that and hugged her tightly.