【31】Lunch Break

Because we were reasonable like that, we decided to give ourselves a few weeks before moving all of my things to his place

Because we were reasonable like that, we decided to give ourselves a few weeks before moving all of my things to his place. Yes, we'd been living together for three weeks now, but two of these had been while ignoring the shit out of each other. Before we took that massive step and officialized my complete invasion of his personal space, we needed to be certain we were ready for it.

From everything I knew, he didn't have any habits that were pet peeves of mine, and vice versa. But it couldn't hurt to actually live together for a bit before I packed my things and relocated them to his apartment.

Since he'd first offered me a space for my stuff on his birthday, we'd decided I'd fully move in with him on my 27th birthday. This gave us about three weeks until the move, which was very reasonable. In the meantime, we still lived together, and I still couldn't believe my luck upon waking up by his side every morning. This incredible man was mine, and we had a lifetime of this ahead of us.

Work was a pleasure, especially since my mood was the highest it had been in a while. All of this could be put on the count of the perfect harmony in my relationship with Lex, as well as all the amazing dicking I was getting from him. Needless to say, my nights were short, but very invigorating.

God, we still couldn't get enough of each other...

I loved coming home from work to him, loved the evenings we spent cuddling on the couch, watching a movie and then talking for a while afterward. I loved the rapturous moments of unaltered passion we spent in his bed, and the closeness of our bodies and souls. I loved waking up by his side every morning, loved how we always found time for some quick slex before I had to go, either in our bed, or the shower, or even in the kitchen counter when he distracted me away from my breakfast to eat me instead...

This was bliss. This was my very own version of paradise. Him. All of him.

Now that I was feeling so much better, I felt the urge to be social again. I texted with Kate often, had spent a two-hour long conversation with my parents, and had even joined a girls' night on Friday evening. I'd come back drunk and horny, and Lex had found my attempt at seducing him very entertaining. He'd gently refused my advances, arguing he preferred when I was in full possession of my capacities. He'd promised he'd fuck me in the morning if I was still in the mood, though. Thanks to the severe hangover I'd woken up with, I hadn't been in the mood for it. At all. So he'd taken care of me instead, bringing me aspirins and spending a full day of lazy snuggling on the bed with me, with comics, pleasant conversation, and even a foot massage.

It was so hard to believe that this incredible, dashing, and otherworldly man would be my husband at some point. He hadn't offered the ring back yet, but at this point, none of us needed it to prove the extent of how serious we were. There was no doubt in my heart that we'd spend a lifetime together.

On Monday, I was working in tandem with Oli, and we were trying to improve the deep learning protocol of the ASL app. We'd done so much progress in the past few weeks, I barely recognize the app anymore. It was much more sophisticated and efficient than anything I could have ever come up with on my own.