【56】Drunk or Sober

Will you marry me, Alexander?

He shivered against me, so hard I actually felt it, along with the tightening of his hold on me. While he took his sweet time to answer, I dropped tiny kisses on every inch of skin I could access. When too many seconds had passed, I moved back to say more. "It has been so long, baby. I want to marry you now."

"We haven't known each other for a full year yet."

"But almost. And I feel like I've known you my entire life. Every cell in me longs to be yours, and I want you to be mine."

"I am yours. Irrevocably, entirely, and until Death claims me."

I looked up, meeting his incredible eyes, which ignited a swarm of butterflies in me. He was already mine indeed. "Then say yes, Lex."

One of his large hands rose to my cheek, which he cupped with tenderness. His thumb traced the shape of my lower lip before resting on my chin. "Ask me again tomorrow morning when you're sober," he negotiated.

A pout pursed my lips, and a scowl wrinkled my brows. "This is the second time you've refused a proposal from me. I'm not sure how I should take it." I tried to move away from his lap, but he prevented it, keeping me right there with ease.

"The first time didn't count, since it was just a ploy to escape the judicial system. As for right now, I didn't refuse. I just postponed it. You'll get my answer tomorrow, sober and clear-minded."

"This is ridiculous. I want to marry you even when—"

My protest was muffled by his insistent lips, and I let out a small yelp of surprise. My indignation quickly faded under the intensity of his amorous assault, and my hands flew to his head to hold him close as I answered with the same savage intensity.

With just the silky robe and the bottom half of my underwear on, I was very exposed to his wandering hands, which groped, caressed, and roamed everywhere he could reach. When one of them slithered into the opening to graze my breasts, I understood we would do more than just make out.

A feeble protest came out of my lips as he maneuvered me onto the desk, so I was seated on it before him, but he ignored it. "Lex, there are people out there."

"Then don't make a sound. Oh wait, you can't."

A scandalized laugh bubbled in me as I tried to chase his adventurous hands away. "You asshole, it's not my fault if you're too good at sex. And I'm tipsy, so it'll be even worse. Aah! Unhand me, you animal!" I squealed with laughter as he tore open the robe with a very carnivorous look on his face.

His broad hand wrapped around my neck, and the insane rush of lust it sent through me quenched all my amusement at once. Instead, I glanced up at him, docile and pliant, desperately waiting for what would come next. Fuck, why did his dominant gestures make me so submissive? With his fingers and palm collaring me, he kept me right there, his intense eyes locked on mine.