【57】Plan B

"Do you want to hear about today's program?" I asked, leaning on the opening of the hidden room

Lex spun his chair around, looking away from his screen. There was something very pleased in his expression, and he folded his arms across his chest, making the jersey fabric of his shirt stretch against his muscles. "I'm all ears."

"Well, first of all, I've made pancakes, so we can start with that. Then, while the computer works on its own to find our mystery woman, I suggest we play a game of War of the Rings." We'd both enjoyed the Lord of the Ring-themed board game when Meryl and Glenn had loaned it to us, so we'd ordered our very own about a week ago. We'd only used it once, since each game was at least two hours long and we had so many things to do. "That should keep us busy until lunch, which will be your favorite dish, mac and cheese with a good ol' T-Bone steak."

His enjoyment so far was obvious, and I wriggled with unmasked excitement, smiling broad and wide. Today marked our one year of knowing each other, so understandably, we were both in a remarkable mood because.

After we'd talked about it, we agreed it was hard to pinpoint exactly when our story had begun. So instead of a single day to celebrate it, we would have an anniversary season. Today, July the 22nd, marked the day we'd first met, which was important enough to commemorate. Then August the 23rd was the first kiss we'd ever shared – also a big deal. The second day of September was our first time having sex. After that, we jumped to the 9th of November, when I'd gone back to him after my brunch with his sister, and we'd officially agreed to give it another shot. Because we were greedy like that, we added one very last day to our list, which was November the 23rd, our first real date and when we'd professed our love for each other.

"Then," I continued, "we cuddle up on the couch, and start your very first viewing of The Matrix trilogy, which I really think you'll enjoy."

"Everything sounds perfect," he noted, appreciative.

"And I kept the best for last. But for that one, you have two options. Plan A is we hack into the elevator's system, lock ourselves in it between two floors, and have very steamy and very forbidden sex in it, to commemorate the day I first bumped into you at work."

"I like that. I'd finally fulfil my fantasy of fucking you in an elevator. What's plan B?"

"We go a completely different way, which I like to call analversary."

"Okay, I like that one a lot, too. Can't we do both?"

"Nope, it's one or the other, you greedy man."

As his eyes unfocussed somewhere over my shoulder, he gave it a long and serious thought, and I bit down the inside of my cheek to hide my amusement. He was properly stuck in a conundrum.

"Hacking into the elevator's system sounds like a lot of work," he concluded.

My grin became impossible to hide, and I gave him an eye roll. Either of us could probably hack into it in under three minutes.