【32】The Park in Longview

While it may not have been as good as what Lex had planned for our first date, I was still pretty proud of what I had in store for him

While it may not have been as good as what Lex had planned for our first date, I was still pretty proud of what I had in store for him. It was personal, as if catered just for us. And it also gave us the opportunity to spend some time outside of the city. I'd noticed how confused he was about my attire. I was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a comfy and warm hoodie, instead of a pretty little dress or something.

Needless to say Lex was properly intrigued, wondering why we had to go two hours out of Seattle, but I remained enigmatic throughout the entire drive. The Audi was absolutely amazing, and I was pretty sure he didn't mind getting an actual test drive. The Benz had been the ultimate luxury car to me, but this one was another level entirely. With the electric engine, it was remarkably silent and smooth. The only thing I didn't like about it was that Lex didn't have to switch gears anymore – which I'd always found kind of hot. Although, on the plus side, his hand barely ever parted from my thigh.

"Are you really not going to tell me what's in Longview?" he asked, still trying to figure out whatever plans I had for him. I bit back a smile, knowing how his mind must be dying to know. As someone who didn't enjoy surprises that much, it made sense he'd want to be prepared. But the date I had in mind wouldn't require any sort of preparation.

"Nope. You were all secretive when you took me out on a date. I'll do the same. And anyhow, aren't you going to tell me what you were doing on your laptop?"

It was his turn to hide a grin. Earlier in the day, I'd barged into his home office, and he'd slapped his laptop shut instantly. I was pretty sure it wasn't porn, given the frequency of our passionate embraces. And anyhow, I'd probably have asked to watch along if it had been, and I was sure he knew that. But still, he was hiding something from me, which had been slightly worrying for an instant.

"I told you it was for your birthday. I'm not telling you more than that," he argued.

"Have you been working on it for long?"

"What part of 'not telling you more' did you not understand?"

"Please, baby... Allow me just three questions."

I gave him sad puppy look, and he rolled his eyes when he saw it. "I keep forgetting how greedy and impatient you are. Alright, three questions."

"Thank you. Have you been working on it for long? Does it involve me wearing a topless bikini on some tropical island? And will it make me want to have your babies?"

His chuckle was contagious, and I wished I could see his eyes when he turned to me. These Ray-Bans looked amazing on him, but I longed to witness the glimmer of amusement in his gray irises.

"Two weeks. No. And we'll see."

Well, these were anticlimactic. "Won't I even be allowed to wear bikini bottoms, then?" I tried.

He laughed again, his hand gently squeezing my thigh. "I'm not taking you on a trip. We'll plan one together, so you have a say in it too, and you can choose when you take your leave and everything."