【34】The End of an Era

Although I hadn't lived here for that long, my heart felt heavy as I looked at my empty bedroom

Although I hadn't lived here for that long, my heart felt heavy as I looked at my empty bedroom. Living with Tammy had not only provided me a much needed roof over my head, but also a friendship that would last through the years.

But for the past few months now, I'd been living at Lex's, while Darius had slowly moved in here. This place didn't feel like home anymore, but like Tamika and Darius's home. No, I felt at home when I was with Lex, in his apartment. And by tomorrow, it would officially be my place as well.

It was insane how ridiculously excited I was by the prospect. I was officially moving in with him, eager to wake up by his side every single day for the rest of my life. This was the next step in our relationship, and it was a massive one. One I couldn't wait to take.

Or almost.

"Are you sure you don't want us to take a few boxes now?" Lex asked, standing beside me in my old bedroom.

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Hmm... I was only trying to be pragmatic, so we don't go back home empty-handed, and then have to handle all of this tomorrow."

He gestured toward my things packed into boxes, neatly arranged by the door. All we would have left to do tomorrow would be to carry the boxes to the Audi – which was big enough for us to only do one trip – and get them up to his place, where I'd unpack everything. We had elevators in both buildings, so everything would be fine.

"We agreed on tomorrow, Coleman. Stop being so unpredictable, or I'll think an alien took over the control of your mind," I teased.

"I was thinking you might prefer doing other things on your birthday."

With an indulging smile, I turned to him and wrapped my arms around him for a hug, looking up at his gray eyes. "There is nothing I'd want to do more than to spend my day unpacking and officially moving in with you. It's honestly the best birthday gift I could think of."

"Well, if you're certain, then..." His words trailed off as he bent toward me for a kiss, and I gladly gave it to him.

God, living with him would be sensational.

He must have been as eager as I was, because his kiss grew more demanding, his tongue dominantly brushing against mine. His hands reached for my behind, and he squeezed the mounds with determination.

"A shame we didn't get to use your bed more," he grunted, his lips still pressed on mine. A laugh bubbled in my chest, swallowed by his insistent mouth.

"I'm not sure it could have survived much more of your vigorous thrusting."

"Maybe we should put it to the test."

Tammy and Darius were out, so we were alone in the apartment, which made me seriously consider his suggestion. They hadn't known when they might be back, but given the time, it could be any minute. The idea of giving it one last go in my bed was tempting, though. His bed was memory foam, the absolute best money could buy. But mine was an old mattress that was already here, but the springs made things quite interesting during sex, allowing a bouncy pace and movement that was highly enjoyable.