chapter 3

Chapter 3.

Bora dashed up to meet Siyeon, she saw a surprised look on Siyeon’s face.

- Get on the car.

Siyeon climbed into Bora's car.

- Why are you here?

- I will fly back and forth to Canada a lot because the company's work is still there. I just landed at the airport early this morning, didn't have time to call you - Bora explained, turning the steering wheel to a deserted place. .

Bora's car rolled to a lawn near the river, opposite the city's high-rise buildings, the sun was very high, the space was bright and airy.

- What is going on? why did Owen leave you in the middle of the road?

- Why do you...

- I saw Owen and you sitting in a restaurant and leaving together, I met a partner at that restaurant, so I saw you.

- I made a mistake, so Owen was angry, he said he was busy with work and told me to go home by myself.

- What are you two doing today that you go to a restaurant for lunch, usually eat at home, right?

- I and Owen went to a meeting with relatives that morning.

- Lee Siyeon, are you happy?

- ………… why are you asking that? – Siyeon pondered for a while and then replied

- I'm just curious - Bora sighed, turning her face away, avoiding Siyeon's questioning gaze.

- I'm happy, so I married him.

Bora was silent, she didn't know if Siyeon was telling the truth or not, but those words were still like hammers hitting her heart.

Because she wanted to buy time with Siyeon, Bora drove around the city, she took Siyeon to drink coffee and eat ice cream, just like in the old days the two used to hang out together on the streets before going home. Bora was supposed to have work to do this afternoon, but she texted Minji to solve it, and if there was anything that couldn't be solved, just let her handle it tomorrow.

Bora doesn't know whether to believe Siyeon's words or not. Siyeon says Siyeon’s happy, but the face doesn't show it. Siyeon's bright smile has faded over the years.

And even if Siyeon is not happy, Siyeon must not be happy when Siyeon is with Bora, Bora is merely a friend, not an ideal model for Siyeon.