chapter 5

Chapter 5.

Bora sat blankly in the empty room.

She didn't confess to Siyeon directly, but Siyeon's reaction was exactly rejecting her.

Minji is right, Siyeon just sees her as a friend, and Siyeon’s just being polite to her.

And just like that, Kim Bora came back home a disbanded mood. This outcome was really predictable, she thought herself mentally prepared, but when things really happened, she still couldn't stop herself from suffering.

The feeling was really bad, it was so much worse than the day she knew Siyeon's family had moved out of town.

Maybe Siyeon and Owen are having an argument, so she needs a private place to spend the night, just to avoid Owen, nothing else. Bora was overjoyed when Siyeon took the initiative to find her, and that gave her a little more courage to swoop in and kiss Siyeon.

But everything was because Bora was completely delusional, she was thinking too much already.

It was necessary to put an end to this kind of irony, or her life would be at a standstill.

---

A month later, Bora is sitting in a small restaurant with a younger sister in her circle of friends, named Handong. Handong is a girl of Chinese origin but has been living and working in Korea for 10 years.

- The picture you sent me, I found the person who made it - Handong said while taking the piece of beef into her bowl.

- Probably a certain magician in Thailand? – Bora speculates, she sent Handong an image of the talisman online, because she didn't have a picture of Siyeon's back tattoo, so she tried to find the most similar one. Bora only looked at Siyeon’s tattoo once and she had to brainstorm for days, rummaging through every nook and cranny of her memory to find an image like it.

- That's right, that incantation is made from Thailand, specifically in a small street in the heart of Bangkok city. At first, I thought it was in China, because there were such charms there, but compared to the pictures, it didn't look like much.

- When are you free? Going to Thailand with me, I want to see that shaman.

- My work is flexible, depends on you.

- Then let's go tomorrow - Bora decided.

- So fast? This seems important to you, doesn't it? - Handong raised an eyebrow.

Kim Bora pondered amidst the hustle and bustle of the restaurant, her inner struggle almost every hour. She knew that even if she went to find the answer, Siyeon wouldn't choose to be by her side. But anyway, she still wanted to do it, even though it took a lot of effort, even though she had to work hard to manage both her work and personal life, she still wanted to do it.