chapter 24

Chapter 24.

A year passed….

Siyeon sat in a coffee shop near the company with director Bae, after the incident at Ms.Bae’s house, Siyeon and Joohyun's relationship stalled. Siyeon also tried to avoid Joohyun because she was shy, she knew Joohyun had feelings for her and she couldn't return that feelings.

But then Joohyun made an appointment to meet her privately and apologized. Joohyun apologizes for taking things too quickly and after Joohyun learns that Siyeon has someone else in her heart, Joohyun  no longer wants to pursue her, but just wants to be friends with her. The two have become close friends over time.

Because of the same hobby of drinking coffee early in the morning, Siyeon and Joohyun often go to a coffee shop to drink together during their break between work.

Every time Siyeon drinks coffee, she remembers Bora, because every morning Bora makes coffee for her to drink….

But now she has to buy and drink herself.

Siyeon ordered a cup of matcha coffee and cream cake today, when she bent down to eat, Joohyun stroked her hair to prevent the curls from sticking to the cake, making Siyeon a bit shy.

Although the two are just friends, Joohyun sometimes behaves instinctively and has too limited gestures that Siyeon doesn't know how to react, so she just closes her eyes.

- I just want you to not get your hair stuck in the cake.

- Yes, thank you - Siyeon sighed.

---

On the other side of the street, there was a parked car, inside were Namjoon and Bora.

Bora has gradually recovered over time and is now able to get out of bed and get out, but always needs to be accompanied because she can no longer walk. Bora was completely wheelchair dependent, her legs severely injured and dysfunctional. The doctor said that these legs can be restored, but it takes a very long time and requires perseverance like steel.

Bora is sometimes secretly driven by Namjoon to see Siyeon, because Namjoon has been keeping an eye on Siyeon every single activity for a long time. She knows that Siyeon's living habits have not changed. Siyeon didn't go to the Lee family's house, but stayed at the apartment she rented. Every day Siyeon  goes to church, then goes to work, then goes home, just hanging around like that, nothing else.

Kim's family and close friends of Bora mistakenly thought that she was dead, because a long time had passed and the Seoul police could not find her, they temporarily concluded that she was no longer alive. Bora's loved ones had gone through bad days, but she had no choice. Namjoon keeps her information very private and he says it's to protect her.