chapter 20

Chapter 20.

In Canada.

The Smith family's company held a meeting with shareholders to vote on personnel changes for important positions and future projects, Siyeon was one of the shareholders, so she was also invited to attend. Although her percentage of shareholders is not much, it is not too little, so Siyeon arranged a trip to Canada to attend.

The shareholders' meeting went smoothly, followed by a dinner party at a high-class hotel, with delicious food, and entertaining music. Siyeon initially wanted to turn down the party, but Owen appeared out of nowhere and convinced her to attend, so she reluctantly sat at the party out of politeness.

In the eyes of the people outside, they didn't know that Siyeon and Owen were divorced, so when Siyeon appeared at the shareholder meeting, they still treated her like a lady surnamed Smith.

Siyeon is embarrassed and wants to answer clearly the current situation, that she has divorced from Owen 8 months ago, she appears here as a shareholder, not as Owen's wife. But before she could do anything, Owen appeared beside her and acted as if nothing had happened.

She felt unsatisfied in her heart, but it was not good to show resistance here, it would humiliate the Smith family, so she had to give in. She will try to make it to the end of the event and will leave the city of Vancouver immediately.

She thought that she would use this trip abroad to relieve her spirits. She will move to other major cities in Canada to travel. She's been in Canada for five years and she hasn't had any decent travel, except for a honeymoon with Owen in Harrison, a mineral spring resort city an hour and a half drive from Vancouver.

Her spirit seemed to be at peace when she returned to Seoul, but it was only peaceful for the first time. Faced with an unwanted love affair with Kim Bora, Siyeon now feels extremely lonely and empty.

She tries to make many dates with other girls to fill this loneliness, but the more she does, the more she misses Kim Bora.

The feeling of one-sided love for someone turns out to be so painful.

Kim Bora definitely considers her a one-night stand, that's why Bora doesn't want to have anything to do with her anymore. Bora is always playing around with girls like that, doesn't want to be serious, just like Gahyeon said.

Siyeon will go see new lands to have better experiences, then her emotions will be more positive, right?

At the magnificent dinner party, Siyeon was invited by many people to drink alcohol, she politely drank a few glasses. But then the invitations came too much, she weakly refused and protested, if she got drunk here it wouldn't be okay.

Owen was kind enough to give her a glass of alcohol solution, Siyeon carelessly accepted it and drank it right away, her reason had softened gradually with the penetration of alcohol into her body.