CHAPTER 39

"I'm hurting... I can feel the pain.. and it's too much from me."

We bloom with those who understand us most and feel our pain. The ones who put their hands on the hurt and make flowers grow through all cracks.

"Sometimes, healing consists of sitting in coffee shops and writing the years from your mind. Sometimes, healing is laughing until you cry, it is kissing your friends' faces and being moved and inspired by your life." He speak. My brother speak on me right now, and I coudn't help but to cry.

"Kuya..."

"And sometimes, healing is rest, it is hiding from the world, it is having everything inside of you be still and quiet and eerily bare. Sometimes healing feels like nothing at all, like you are a silhouette of hope and hurt at the same time. Do not fight it. Whatever your healing looks like today, whatever it consists of, just allow it to be what it is. Just take care of yourself." He added.

Mabilis akong tumingala para mapigilan ang luha na nagbabadyang makawala sa mga mata.

When they said it takes time to heal, it's not just a day or two. Maybe it could take months or even years. As for me, my heart is in millions of pieces and every one has its own wound to heal in different ways from the other. And it's taking time than I could ever imagine. But it's okay. I'm getting there. Just one more.

One piece at a time. Please.

Napatingin ako sa aking kapatid at wala sa sariling pinulot ang mga papel na nagkakalat, tinignan ko yun at binasa. Agad akong natigilan ng mabasa ko ang nakasulat dun bago ako nagangat ng tingin sa kaniya.

"What is this, Kuya?" Umangat ang tingin niya sa akin, tumagilid ang ulo at napalabi. Umiling ito sa akin bago nagpatuloy sa ginagawa niya kanina.

"A piece of paper."

"B-Bakit? Bakit ganito ang nakasulat?" I said to him. He is busy doing something in his notebook, ni hindi niya rin ako nilingon. "Land for sale? Really?"

"I need to sale this house, Lex." He said. Kung makapagsalita siya para bang napakadali na yun para sa kaniya, kung makapagdesisyon siya para bang wala na sa kaniya ang mga alala na pinagsamahan namin dito sa bahay.

"Why?"

"Don't worry I already have someone to took care of you, she was my nanny when I was kid, she's here in the philippines so when I asked her if she could take care of you while I was away, she agreed.."

"Away? What?! Where are you going, huh? And seriously? You don't need to sale this house!" I immediately said.

"I need to sale this house, Lex!"

"Pero.. hindi eh! Bakit? Bakit kailangan mo pang ipagbili ang bahay na ito! Hindi ko maintindihan!"

"You don't need to-"

"No! Make me understand!" I shouted. "This house is own by our father! Pinagawa n'ya ang bahay na ito! Dugo't pawis ang nilaan niya para mapagawa ang bahay na ito, kuya! Tapus ipagbibili mo lang?!"

Napahilamos siya sa kaniya mukha bago tumayo. "I think your tired-"

"Don't give with that ballshit-"

"Fuck! If only they could give us a little more time somehow I wouldn't be able to sale this house! But they gave us nothing! We have no fight to them because we are still students! No work and no money yet!"

Napaatras ako dahil sa malakas niyang pagkakasigaw, pumupula ang kaniyang tenga at mukha, kita ko rin ang ugat sa kaniyang leeg dahil sa pagkakasigaw nito.

"A-Anong ibig mong sabihin?"

He looked at me pleading. "Dad has some properties that he bought for us, his lawyer has already talked to me about that. But we will not be able to get the money until we are of the right age and the money given to us is money from papa, that is enough for us to finish school." Sinabunutan pa niya ang kaniyang sarili. "But I didn't know that that fuking bitch woman owed money to rich people and was named after papa, I tried to talk to her, your mother, but she ignored me unless I gave you to her but I wouldn't allow it, after that motherfuker man did it to you?! Does she think I'll give you that easily?!"