34 Fishy

Daisy's Pov

" Hey you have a brother, right?" I asked Micah,  we are standing beside Ethan and whitey. I really didn't wanted to stand with them but this stupid Micah insisted on standing here.

He looked at me," Yes"

" I didn't see him in the ball. Is he not here?" Micah has a brother who is smaller than him and is considered to be a spoilet brat. I heard he changes women like changing clothes, totally a play boy.

" He might be somewhere here flirting with someone" Micah answered looking for his brother " I will introduce you to him later"

I nodded. 

Ethan and Suzanne kept talking and laughing all the time, from time to time I felt Ethan's eyes on me but whenever I used to look at him he was busy talking to to whitey. How much are they going to talk?  Can't they go home and talk? People are getting disturbed, okay.

The music started and people began to dance. 

" Can you do me  a honor dancing with me, Milady?" Micah extended his hand for me take with a gentleman smile. From the cornor of my yes I saw Ethan and Suzanne staring at us. I placed my hand in Micah's and smiled at him.

He pulled me towards the middle where most couple's were dancing. He placed my hand on his shoulder and his on my waist and swayed with the music.

" He is looking at us." Micah whispered leaning near my ear. Because he was leaning the distance between us minimized, I felt a little odd. 

When I was in Ethans...No Daisy don't think about him. That was just a illusion you must forget it.

I reminded myself over and over again. But everything kept surfacing again and again.

Would I feel the same like I imagined in Ethan's arms? Would his warmth feel the same? Would his lips....

Stop...don't think about it.

I shook my head to get rid of  it, this is getting harder and harder. From the time when I imagined kissing Ethan I keep remembering them again and again.

I turned my head to look at Ethan's direction to lock my eyes with his. He was looking at us, he did not break the eye contact with me. Even though his face was calm I could see some emotions playing in his deep blue eyes but couldn't name it. I have always been good at reading people's emotions but when it came to him I always find myself unable to do so. Like he was a mystery I am unable to solve, and it was nagging deep inside my mind. 

The more I tried to solve it the more it gets difficult to solve it. I find myself restless when it comes to him. I always find my thoughts reverberating to him at the end of the day. I try not to but it seems to be impossble not to think about him, he is like a magnet which is always attracting me towards him or like a beautiful flower which attracts me for its honey. 

Flower attracting me for honey? Did it sound weird and dirty? A little.

"Would you pay attention to your date rather than him? I feel like a lightbulb between you two." Micah's voice woke me from the dazed state. I averted my eyes away from Ethan's and looked at Micah who was having a aggrieved look on his face.

"You are really a drama queen" I said shaking my head at him.

He looked at me then at Ethan sideways and said," Can I ask you something?"

" You already did" I replied.

" I am serious" he said .

" Go ahead"

" Don't get me wrong but I always feel that you are quite prejudiced towards Ethan." he looked at me for any reaction and continued," It is as if you are holding a animosity towards him, as if he had done something wrong to you. Did he do something that you did not like?"

He really did not do wrong to me. Whatever he did was in the book, in reality he did not do anything to me. He has always been good to me, he even said sorry for behaving rudely at Charleston. 

" I-I..." I tried to speak but he interrupted.

" I think he is a good guy, even though I don't like him I can't deny that he is good.  I think you are being partial him. Whatever may have happened between you two in the past, it's already past you can't judge him for that, right?" 

Indeed, everything Ethan did was in the past, Daisy had always chased him and he ignored her but he never did hurt her. He regarded her as his friend right till the end.

" Wait, are you trying to match make us?" I looked at Micah suspiciously," How much did he bribe you?"

He suddenly looked flustered and avoided looking at me," Its nothing like that."

" Really? Right from the start you have been trying to fill my thoughts with him, now that I come to think of it, the bet thing was also initiated by you" I tilted my head at him, but he avoided looking into my eyes. 

I stopped moving when he looked even more flustered and guiltily avoided eyecontact with me.

Was I played by them?

There was no reason for Micah to suddenly play the ridiculous bet thing with me. He didn't even know me well, then how come he made a bet with a complete stranger? How did he even know that Ethan likes me? 

I took his hand and dragged him away from the crowd.

If you like my book please VOTE,COMMENT and add my book on your reading list.

Enjoy reading.