35 She Knows

Daisy's Pov

I dragged Micah away to the backside the villa, there was a garden which was faintly lit, some poeple were loitering around. I brought him where no one was present and turned towards him.

He stood fidgeting on his place, I obsesved him, his hands were slightly trembling and he avoided to look directly look into  my eyes.  

" What? Nervous that I caught you?" I asked sarcastically raising an eyebrow towrads him.

He did not speak and stood like a child who was caught stealing a candy.

" Cat got your tongue?" I sneered, " What the hell is going on?"

" Look Daisy, don't get angry. I did not mean any harm, I was just...." he tailed looking at me desperately so that I could understand.

Understand what? That he has a motive to get close to me? 

" Just what? Is this how you do business Mr.Agnor? Trying to get close to people and then knowing the business secrets or worse to try to con them?" I asked taunting him, " Are you short of money?"

" It's not like that. " he sighed" You are getting it wrong"

" Then how is it? Do you think I am pushover or something? " I asked raising a brow towards him " What was the purpose of all this shit? Huh? If you wanted to con me then I am sorry to inform  I am not easy to fool"

" I did not wanted to fool you, don't misunderstand it" he said rubbing his forehead." It was for  your own good"

I scoffed faking a laugh," Don't you think this situation is quite ironic. You lied me for god knows  what reasons, and here you are telling me that it was for my own good. What are you? My dad?"

He closed his eyes taking a deep breathe then looked at me," Please try to understand, Daisy please"

" Why? I want to know, why did you suddenly come to Williams proposing a deal out of nowhere and then played a ridiculous bet thing with me?  And why were you trying to matchmake me with Ethan? Just bloody why?" I raised my voice making him flinch and take a step back.

This was first time in my life that I was played by someone, I was not easily fooled but because of some stupid feeling which I had for Ethan I was trapped. The feelings which I have for him are the reason for this, I can't even name what kind of feelings I have for him.

Ridiculous...really ridiculous of me to trust people in this world, ridiculous of me to put my guard down against the people here. Ridiculous of me to even have feelings for the male lead of this story, ridiculous really really ridiculous.

I clenched my jaw when he did not answer," Did you sign a deal with Kings right after coming to Williams?"

He was shocked  by my sudden question, he looked wide eyes at me," How-How did you know? That was confidential"

I smirked," Just because I have entered into business for a short time, do you think I don't know anything in the business world?"

After Micah suddenly proposed a deal to Williams , I kept a close eyes on his movements and found out that they have signed a project with Kings the very next day. But he still kept acting that he did not know Ethan, I did not look into just because I thought it wasn't necessary.

But I was wrong, there is much more to it. 

" So tell me Mr.Agnor, what did you really wanted? And my favourite question to you is,  Who else was involved into it to fool me? And I hope you will reply honestly, please don't force me to find answers by myself. It will really be very inconvenient for you" I coldly looked straight at him.

He stood still debating whether to answer or not, I looked straight at him for answers, he gulped a little under my gaze and kept shifting his weight on his legs. 

" I-I..." before he could say something we heard footsteps approaching us. 

We turned our heads to look at the direction where the footsteps sounded, a familiar figure came into view.  Ethan stood with his hands in his pockets, he looked calmly at me then at Micah. Before I could comprehend what he was doing here, he walked towards us and stood just a few steps away from us. 

Micah stared at Ethan and then shook his head sighing, " She knows"

Hey guys,

What do you think about this change of events?

Please VOTE,COMMENT and don't forget to add my book on your reading list.