62 Comatose for two weeks.

Daisy woke up hearing the steady 'beep' of monitoring system placed in the room.

Her body ached, each and every part of her body felt numb as if she had been run by a truck. Her throat felt dry and her she had a splitting headache as if it was cut open and then joint together. 

Her eyelids were heavy and she had problem opening them, everything in front of her was blurr, she wanted to close them and sleep but she persisted and tried to look at her surroundings. There was a faint scent of disinfectant in air, all the walls were white, there was a monitoring system nearby from where the steady sound of beep was being heard.

She felt like hours has passed when she finally gained a little bit strength to move her limbs, even moving her neck felt like a painful job. Finally when she recovered a little bit strength she craned her neck to look at the bed sight. However, as she did she found someone's head leaning on hand probably might have fallen asleep waiting for to wake up.

She moved her fingers a little and the other party woke up.

" Daisy?" Ethan's voice was hoarse as if he had not spoken for ages, " You are awake."

The uneasiness from before disappeared hearing his voice. She remembered being pushed by Emma and hearing Ethan's panicked voice, after that everything went blank. 

Daisy tried to sit up, but, her arms failed her before she could fall down on the bed firm hands wrapped around her shoulder and helped her to sit up, her back resting on the head rest of the bed.

" Careful" Ethan said in hoarse voice and quickly retracted his hands from her shoulder after helping her.

Diasy raised an brow at his odd behavior and that's when she finally looked at his appearance. She was shocked at his unkept state. He had big dark circle's under his eyes, his eyes were red- almost bloodshot, his hair were messy, although he was in his usual suit which was blue in color he looked unusually pale and haggard. He did not like 24 years old at all, rather he looked like 28 or 29.

Daisy looked at him from top to bottom- he looked a little thin and there was gloomy aura around him. His eyes contained slight excitement and panic hidden beneath.

" What -" Daisy tried to speak but her throat felt dry and itchy.

" Here" Ethan handed her a glass of warm water.

Daisy drank a mouthful of water and her throat eased a lot, she held the glass between her palms and looked at him," What happened? Why am I in hospital?"

" You had an accident." he answered.

" Was I knocked out for years?" Daisy asked, it could be the only reason. Because the last time she saw him he looked .....

"For two weeks." he said, his voice sounded forced," You wait here I will call the doctor."

Before he could move away, Daisy took hold of his hand making him stop. She felt his hand trembling and cold.

" What's wrong? Is something wrong with me?" Daisy asked noticing his strange behavior, she noticed that he was avoiding eye contact, his eyes looked everywhere but her.

" It's nothing" he tried to take his hand back from her hold, without looking at her," Let go"

Daisy held his hand tighter and frowned," Why are you behaving like this? Why are you not looking at me?"

" I said let go." Ethan said, his voice was cold and he finally looked at her but his eyes contained anger.  He had never looked at her with this gaze. 

Panicked, Daisy let go his hand. She looked at his back as Ethan stormed out of the room in anger. 

What did she do? Is he angry because she had an accident? But it wasn't her fault. She was confused by his  behavior, may be he was worried.

Just as she was in her thoughts, the door was opened and the person who came through the door left her shocked and horrified.

She closed her eyes and shook her head, when she opened her eyes again the scene did not change at all.

How can this be?

" Mom?" Daisy said in weak voice, she couldn't believe that her real mom was standing in front of her. 

" Daisy, baby, you are finally awake. " Mrs.Knight cried holding her daughters hand," How can you do this to your parents? Hmmm? When we heard that you had an accident when you were on your way to office, I was frightened to death."

Daisy sat frozen on her spot, petrified. She could not utter a single word, she was to confused to answer. How was this possible? Just now Ethan was here, she wasn't imagining, he was here. The how come mom was here too.

 "It was okay if you don't want to stay near your parents, but, we can't loose you. The two weeks when you were in coma were most painful for all of us. " Mrs.Knight cried, she looked similar to that of Mrs.Williams just the difference was in eye color.  Mrs. Williams had brown eyes, whereas, Mrs.Knight had olive green.

" Mom.." Daisy said looking at her mother, she was not wrong it was her mother who was shedding tears holding her hand.

" Yes? Are you uncomfortable? Why do you look so pale? Oh look at me, started crying as soon as you woke up. Don't worry, Ethan and your dad is talking to doctor. All your friends are out waiting for you. Recover..."

" MOM, will you let me speak?." Daisy said in a loud voice stopping Mrs. Knight from talking any further.

" Yes?" Mrs.Knight was confused by Daisy's sudden out burst.

" Right now..." Daisy nervously gulped trying to form a correct sentence," Right now...... Ethan was here, right?" 

Even though Mrs.Knight was confused by her question she still answered," Yes, he has been here from the moment you fell into coma. He said that it was due to him that you fell into coma and he wanted to take care of you to make it up with you."

" Who is Ethan to me?" Daisy asked again," And why did I fall in coma due to him?"

" Ah?" Mrs.Knight widened her eyes," You-you did you loose your memory due your head injury? You don't remember your own friends? Did you also forget about Jenna, Alex, Ian, Ashton and Laila?" 

" Are they all my -my friends?" 

" Oh my god, you really lost your memory." Mrs.Knight's face turned pale in horror," Baby... what's wrong?"

" DOCTOR, someone call the doctor." Mrs.Knight shouted looking at Daisy who had closed her eyes," Come fast my daughter has fainted."

Hey guys, the book is about to end, probably atmost 10 chapters are remaining. Thanks for reading so far.

If you like my book, please VOTE,COMMENT and add my book on your reading list.