Chapter 36: The Return

Well here is the very long awaited return. Based off of your comments on my last post and just general adds to collection, votes, and reads it seems like this is something many have been waiting on. I hope that I am able to bring you all a better story than the one that I left almost a year ago. So here it is, without any further delay...also thank you all for over 100K reads holy fucking shit I never imagined it would ever get this big. 

Light starts to leak through the cracks in your eyes as the room starts to come into view. You wiggle your toes and clench your fist, feeling the sheets of the bed with your hand. A slight ache moves through your body as you shift your torso, presumably for the first time in days.

"Where...where the hell am I?" Your eyes scan around the room. Instead of a hospital, you lie in what looks like a workshop. A machine to your right whirls as tubes pump various fluids of various colors into your body. A tile from the ceiling crashes down, causing you to jump.

"Hey. Hey!" You start to yell, pushing yourself up into a seated position. Wood starts to creek before a door flies open. Maria, a man in a walking chair and

"P-Penny? What the fuck is happening? Where am I? Where is everyone? Where are my weapons?" You frantically look around, mind in a panic till you land on it. "Where...oh my fuck where is my arm!"

"Should I restrain him?" Penny asks as you start to push yourself up and rip the needles out of chest.

"I got this." Maria shuffles over and cracks you on the side of your head with her cane. "Focus up you big idiot.

"Did you just hit me after I have been in a coma for..."

"Two days." The man in the chair says.

"Two days!" You yell at the old lady.

"Now just breathe there kiddo. I pumped you full of enough medicine to ensure that all of your vital signs were normal. There was also no severe brain damage." The old mans says.

"I...who the hell even are you. You let this guy just stick needles in me?" You yell at Maria. "Where is everyone! They let him stick needles into me!" Maria starts to wind her cane back, causes you to stop for a moment. "I...thank you for saving me."

"Jaune kept you alive by amping your aura until your were stable. Atlas also has emergency medical gear on their airships and luckily we had a universal blood donor with us." Maria says.

"From there it was just patching you up and ensuring all else was well." The man adds.

"Okay but...what is your name?" You ask.

"Pietro."

"Okay Pietro I don't think that this is 'well'." You say as your gesture to your left side. Look no offense by why I am in some sort of workshop? Why am I not in a hospital?"

"Well not too long after we landed we came here and Pietro got to work on you. Then Grimm started attacking the city and you know your friends they rushed out there to stop them. Next thing we know the Ace Ops have taken them off and they are arrested." Maria explained.

"That was...hmm yesterday. I have not gone into work today since I have been monitoring you so I have no idea if they are in jail or not." Pietro explains.

"I had to quickly leave the meeting that they were having, but they were in meeting with Ironwood when I had to run." Penny adds. You take a few deep breaths, trying to process the situation.

"This is...a lot. In Atlas. Arm gone. Ace Ops...who the fuck are they..." You mumble as you feel the metal piece sticking out of the left side of your body.