Chapter 46: Deception

"This isn't good." You say as you stand in the dorm Oscar was suppose to be waiting in, Atlas bots littering the room.

"We need to find him." Blake says.

"Someone get Ironwood on the line and tell him Oscar is gone." Ruby says, prompting Weiss to pull out her scroll and get to work.

"Nora, Ren, and I will go after him." Jaune says. "We were suppose to be watching him in the first place."

"We still need to get those cargo ships up and running too." Yang says. "Ace Ops already have their orders from Ironwood to continue evacuating so we need more ships."

"I'll join you guys." You tell Jaune, Nora, and Ren with a nod. "Cinder isn't going to be the only agent of Salem here."

"Ironwood wants us to work on getting my father's ships up and running since I have the credentials to do so." Weiss says as she hangs up her scroll.

"Let's get to work then people." Ruby says. "You guys will pursue Oscar and we will continue to help the evacuation in the city." The group splits down opposite ends of the hall.

"Hey." Yang calls. You turn and see her walking backwards behind the rest of her team. "Stay safe out there."

"You too." You respond with a smirk before taking off with JNR.

"Where could he be?" Ren asks as the four of you run down the halls.

"Oscar! Oscar!" Nora yells as you glance quickly down a hall as you pass.

"Got something here." The four of you halt rapidly and retreat to the hall you looked down.

"Oscar!" Jaune calls as you see him being escorted by three Atlas troops into a large room.

"No!" A voice yells from behind you.

"Oscar?" Ren asks as the tattered looking boy joins the four of you.

"She...they stole the relic." He pants. "They are working for Salem." You draw Lux Resistis and let out a shot down the hall at the group as the door closes behind them.

"Gah. Fuck!" Emerald yells as the illusion fades and Oscar faded into Neo, the doors of the room being held open by their presence.

"Should have guessed." Nora comments as the four of them draw their weapons.

"And there is the relic." Jaune adds, it gleaming as it hangs of off Neo's belt.

"Stay the fuck out of our way." Mercury spits at the five of you.

"More than just your leg is going to get broken this time pretty boy." You growl.

"Oscar stay back here." Jaune tells him. The four of you charge forward at Salem's allies as they fully back into the training room. You lock eyes with the largest of the group, a towering man you saw briefly at the Battle of Haven.

"The big one is mine!" You yell before chaos erupts. You duck under his attempt to grab you, swing your hammer into his leg, and send him staggering backwards slightly. You grapple up the wall and propel yourself down towards him. You wind up and start to swing, but he launches himself forward at you and slams you agains the wall.

"Biggest out of them, yet still not strong enough." He growls as he uses one arm to lift you up, dust crystals sticking from his limb. You transform you arm and jab the barrel of your rocket launcher into his gut.

"Boom." The explosion sends you both flying to opposite sides of the room and debris scattering. You push yourself up, dust yourself off, and shake the shock off.