Chapter 4: JNPR and Cardin

Dining Hall - Thursday at Lunch

"(Y/N)! Yang! Over here." You scan the dining hall and find Ruby waving both of her hands to signal you two down. 

"(Y/N), this is team JNPR. Jaune, their leader, Nora, Pyrrah, and Lie. They are some of our close friends and therefore, are your close friends." Ruby says enthusiastically.

"Great to finally formally meet you." Jaune said as he stands up to shake your hand, but bangs his knee on the table and spills a glass of water.

"Hi! Yang told us how you performed in the forest and it sounds like you are awesome!" Nora squeals from across the table. Lie sits next to her and just gives you a nod and returns to his meal. Pyrrah sits across from you and gives you a smile.

"It is good to see you again after all of these years (Y/N). We were all so worried about what happened to you." She says.

"Well...it is a long story, but I am here now with all of you. Thank you for accepting me into your friend group. I know it must be weird for you guys, but I appreciate it a ton." You say to everyone.

"Oh not at all, it was easier for some people though." Weiss snickers. Yang gives her a crack to the head and blushes.

"Well we are all here now, why don't you tell us the story that you were alluding to." Jaune says while still wiping up the water spill. You sigh, and give them a brief explanation of what happened over the past two years, all of them with their eyes on you, fully engrossed in the tale you were telling.

"And then I ended up here, with all of you. Please just try not to let this change anything about how you think about me, if anything I am under-qualified to be here with you." You say to them all.

"Oh please, you have earned your place here!" Ruby says from the end of the table.

"Sounds like you are qualified to me." Lie says while looking down at his food. He still made you feel a little uneasy, but he seemed like a good guy. 

"Let's just change the topic off of me, there has been enough attention on my person these past few days. Why don't you guys tell me more about yourselves?" You say. The group continues to finish up their meal and converse, but the sound of yelling started to come from the other side of the dining hall. You look up and see the same orange haired guy bullying a group of fanus.

"Can't stand that guy." You hear Blake mumble to the table.

"Jaune I thought you set that guy straight in Forever Fall? Why is he still being an ass?" Pyrrah asks.

"Well, I told him to not mess with you guys, but uh, may still be an asshole to everyone since you know, he can still kick most people's ass, including my own." Jaune sighs out. You continue to look on at the group of boys picking on the group of fanus, until he looks up and locks eyes with you.

"What the hell are you looking at new guy?" He yells across the hall. You look down to take a bite of your food, but them look back up at him. "Hey! I am talking to you!" He starts to march over with his group following him.

"Don't try to be a hero." Weiss whispers to you.

"Cardin just leave him alone he didn't" Jaune gets cut off as Cardin shoves him back into his seat.

"Stay out of this Jaune. This is between me and the new guy here." He rests his hands on the table near you and leans down into your face. "You think you are special or something? Solo Huntsman? You think you earned that?" You turn and look up at him and shrug your shoulders.

"Apparently." You say to him. You turn to take another bite of your meal until he knocks the fork out of your hand.

"I am talking to you buddy. Listen, I don't care who the hell you think you are, but if I catch you staring at me again I am going to kick your ass." You sigh, wipe your mouth, and stand up from the table.