Chapter 23: Recovery

To address what I said in the last chapter: we all know Yang is a badass. She's a tough, strong female character that has been through a lot and yet keeps going. In the show, they show her in this super depressive state and then she is kind of just...better with no real effort. Same with the PTSD. She has it and suffers from a flashback or two and then it is just gone. I didn't like that aspect. There was no recovery or part showing mental growth so that is what this chapter is going to be showing and why it is titled "Recovery". This chapter is suppose to signify the beginning of Yang's (and your own) mental journey to healing after the experiences that you went through. So yeah...you will be seeing some more of "soft and emotional Yang", but it is for the better or at least I hope you all understand and enjoy it.

A few days later

"Yang! Yang wake up! Yang!" You shake her as stands in the living room, her body trembling as she mumbles to herself. "Yang snap out of it come on!" You yell at her. She shakes her head and blinks a few times before looking around the room. Standing behind you are Ruby, Weiss, and Ren.

"Yang? Are you alright?" Ruby asks softly.

"I...I just...I had a bad dream. That's all." She goes to step past you, but you catch her and stop her from going.

"Sunshine you know you can talk to us about it. Anyone of us will listen." You reach up and push some hair out of her face. "It is okay to not be okay." Tears form in her eyes before she buries her head into your chest and wraps her arms around you. You hold her back and signal in for the others to join, the four of you supporting her as she sobs.

"It's fucking Adam." She says between heavy breaths. "I see him in my dreams or hear a sharp loud noise and I just...I..."

"It's alright. We love you Yang and we will always be here for you." Weiss says softy.

"It is best not to fight these demons alone. A good support system is one of the best ways to help get through hard times." Ren adds

"Thank you guys so much." She sniffles and looks around at the four of you. "I think I just need some rest."

"I think we all need some sleep." Ruby says. "Just know we will always be here for you sis. You don't have to act all tough the entire time." Yang smiles down at her little sister before the five of you head to your rooms.

"I'll be there in a second Yang, I have to use the bathroom." You tell her.

"Just be quick." She says with a soft smile. You use the bathroom quickly, but step out and head down the hall in the opposite direction.

"Ren are you still up?" You ask as you peak in.

"Barely. What is it?"

"Ren I think Yang should start mediating with us. It might help her get through what she is going through." Ren sits up at smiles at you.

"She clearly has PTSD, so helping her find peace with her past experience would be an excellent idea. An excellent idea for the morning." He says.

"Right. Good night." You close the door softy before heading to your room. You crawl into bed next to a half asleep Yang who shifts over and cuddles into you.

"Are you doing a bit better?" You ask her as you wrap your arms around her.

"I am now." She whispers before giving you a soft kiss. "Thank you for always being here for me."

"Of course Yang. Just know that myself and everyone else here loves and cares for and we will do whatever it takes to help you get through this. We are a family and that is what we do." She smiles and runs a hand through your hair.