Chapter 15: A Watchful Eye

The next day (Sunday)

"Yang! It is time to spar!" You call as you knock on team RWBY's door. The door in front of you swings open and Ruby steps out, closing the door behind you.

"I heard that it happened. That you two said the "L" word to each other." She giggles once the door is closed. Your face goes red and you roll your eyes.

"I don't know what you are talking about." 

"Oh please, Yang woke us up as soon as she got back and told us about it." She says with a smile. "Besides, it is so cute. I am so happy for you two. Now come on, meet my uncle." She grabs your arm and pulls you into the room.

"Soaring Ninja Wins!" Comes from the screen as Yang tosses her scroll down. She turns and sees you in the door and her eyes light up. 

"Uncle Qrow! Meet (Y/N)." He stands up and turns, extending his hand to you.

"Nice to meet you kid." You reach out and shake his hand as he uses his other to take a swig from his flask. 

"Good to finally meet you too Qrow. Yang and Ruby have told me a lot about you."

"Is that so?" He says as he looks back at his nieces. "They told me about you too. Seems like you and I were in the same line of work for a little bit."

"Yeah well...had to do what I had to do." You say to him with a shrug as he looks you up and down.

"Well it looks like it paid off. Your fight wasn't half bad yesterday. Maybe you could have given me a run for my money back in the day." He says with a chuckle. He turns to the girls. "Well I have to go off and do adult stuff now. I'll catch you guys later."

"Uncle Qrow are we still going to get dinner tonight?" Ruby asks as she clings to his arm.

"If you want to kiddo." He turns to you. "You want to tag along kid?"

"Uh yeah sure." He smirks, takes a swig of his flask, and leaves the room.

"Soooo what do you think?" Yang asks once the door is closed behind him.

"He seems cool...but I feel like I have met him before." You reply.

"You may have seen him once or twice, Uncle Qrow goes to a lot of different places." Ruby says with a smile. 

"Come on, let's go get this sparring session in." Yang says with a smile as she grabs your hand.

Later at Dinner

"And then I raised my scythe....and sliced the top of the bottle open, quenching my thirst." Qrow says with a laugh as Yang and Ruby roll their eyes.

"This is almost as bad as the story about the inn keeper you told us about." Ruby says with an eye roll. 

"Well, I got to use the bathroom." Yang says as she stands up.

"I'll come with you." Ruby hops up and follows her sister, leaving you and Qrow at the table. You take a sip of your drink as Qrow stares at you. 

"You have grown a lot in a short time haven't you?" You give him a look of confusion as you set your glass down. He sighs and sits forward, resting his forearms on the table. "I can see it in your eyes kid. They have seen and been through a lot more than most your age. Different from a lot of the others you know."

"Yeah...I guess so, but there are some that have been through worse." You reply cautiously. "Qrow...have we met? I feel like I have seen you before." He smirks and leans back in his seat.

"Got a sharp eye kid. Old Richard runs a half decent place over there, not bad for how far out of town it is."

"Why were you there? Not many huntsman hang around those parts." He pulls out his flask and takes a swig before responding.