Chapter 5: One Hell of a Date

You knock loudly on the door in front of you.

"Who is it?" You hear a female voice call from inside.

"It's (Y/N)." You hear a variety of whispers and someone shout "Don't open it!" The door swings open and you are met with the bright smile of Pyrrah.

"Hey (Y/N)! Never got to congratulate you for kicking Cardin's ass yesterday." She says happily. You rub the back of your neck and get embarrassed. 

"Yeah it was quite the show I suppose. Is Jaune here, I need to talk to him." Pyrrah looks back and points to his bed, where he is sitting with the pillow over his face. You walk over and sit down next to him.

"Look if you are going to kill me just do it quickly" His muffled voice says. You laugh and lift the pillow off his face and pull him up to sit next to you.

"No hard feelings. Everyone was going to find out eventually, you just...sped up the process I suppose. Just, if he ever bullies you again, which he shouldn't now for sure, let me or any one of us know." Jaune sighs and looks at the floor.

"I am sorry I let you down. I just met you and already lost your trust." He mumbles. You let out a laugh and slap him on the back.

"Look buddy, it is a slip up. It happens. I am over it so you should be too." You stand up and start to make your way to the door where you turn and say goodbye to everyone.

"Hey (Y/N)." Jaune says as he peaks his head into the hallway. "Ummm...could you help me. Pyrrah is helping me with my combat and aura and I would like your help too. I could send you the details if you are up to it?" You give him a smile.

"I would be happy to help. Just let me know when." He smiles and nods as you turn and head down the hall.

You stand patiently at the door of the RWBY team waiting for Yang to answer after knocking.

"Hi (Y/N)! Are you excited for tonight? Oooh you look handsome." Ruby says giddily when she answers the door. You look down at yourself:  boots, some dark jeans, and a plain black t-shirt was what you had on.

"Ruby I always wear this all the time. Yang just told me to dress causally so I wore this."

"I know but I am so excited for Yang! Did you do something new with your hair?" 

"Ruby leave the poor guy alone, Yang won't care what he wears." Blake says from her bed.

"Would probably like it if he wore nothing." Weiss chimes in from her desk, earning a laugh from Blake. Ruby continue to hit you with questions until the bathroom door opens.

"(Y/N)!" She comes out and gives you a giant hug, wrapping you in a tight embrace.

"You ready to get going? Where are you taking us?"

"It is a surprise." She giggles. "Alright, I will see you guys later!" Yang says cheerfully as she pulls you out of the room. You wave to the girls as they all giggle at you.

"Don't have too much fun you two!" You hear Ruby yell as she closes the door. You and Yang converse and make your way down out of the dorms. 

"Hop on." She says as she straddles her motorcycle.

"So....you like the color yellow or?" You ask sarcastically as you sit behind her on the yellow motorcycle. She turns around and gives you a grin while revving the engine.

"You better hold on tight, Bumblebee likes to go fast." She revs the engine one last time and peels out of the parking lot. You wrap your arms around her torso and let out a howl as the bike speeds towards Vale. You get bold and let go of Yang and stick your arms out to feel the wind, but quickly hold back onto hang as she pops a wheelie and lets out a laugh. After a little while longer, the tires squeal to a halt as you arrive at your destination.