Chapter 37: Support

The crunching of snow turns into hard thuds as you enter the mine.

"Old dust mine. Big explosions probably aren't the best idea here." You say as you stand in front of a rock face. You tap lightly, listening for an echo until you come to a crack in the face.

"Here we go." You rock a boulder back and slip into the entry way you created.

"Seems quite...a little too quite." You say to yourself. The ground rumbles underneath and erupts. "What the fu" You are cut off as a pair of pinchers grab you, sending you weapon flying and slamming you into the ceiling.

"Get the fuck off me!" You draw your knife and drive it into its skull as you feel it's pinchers start to tighten.

"They are everywhere." You say through heavy breathing as you push yourself up, the cave rumbling around you. One explodes out of the ceiling and down at you. You wind up and swing, but whiff completely and barely dodge out of the way before it burrows back into the ground.

"Okay...just a miss it's fine." You mumble to yourself. The wall to your left bursts open and you raise your arm to block with your shield, but instead your grapple shot shoots out and you go flying across the room.

"Fuck!" You yell. "Get your head out of your ass!" Three centinals rise out of the ground in front of you. You rip off shotgun round after shotgun round, missing all of your shots.

"Son of a bitch!" You stow Lux Resistis and begin to rip off rounds with your minigun. "Fucking fuck!" You turn and run, your arm stuck in its minigun configuration as it smokes while the walls continue to rumble around you.

"If I miss the ground I swear." You draw your weapon and slam it into the ground, causing the cave to shake and a crack to form on the wall ahead.

"Please work. Please work. Please work." You swing hard and rock begins the fall, the ceiling and walls shaking. The centinals let out high pitched screams as they get crushed by the debris as you dive forward, barely escaping.

"Holy fuck." You cough as you stagger up. "I'm off my game." You jog down cave ahead of you, following the light and sound that you can faintly hear. An explosion rings out and you drop to a knee, vision going black for a moment.

"No...no no keep going." You push up and keep moving. Voices start to scream and you stumble and fall, kicking up debris.

"Fuck...come on." Your head rises and looks forward to see a site that makes your head go numb.

"No...I killed you. They told me...I killed you." You breathe heavily as you push up, standing across from him.

"I told you... I'll always win." He holds your severed arm in his hands. "Tsk. This is a fine prize, but I want your head." He throws the limb to the side and dashes forward, his blade at the ready. His sword crashes into your handle, but instead of stopping it his swords cuts through and breaks it in half.

"Such a pitiful weapon." You go to spin up your minigun, but nothing is raised in front of you. Looking to your side reveals blood flowing out of your left shoulder.

"I'll fucking kill you again." You draw your sidearm and let out wild shots, all of which deflect off his sword.

"She had to save you last time, but you are all alone now." He says with a smirk. You throw it to the side and draw your knife, gripping the handle tightly.

"You want my head? Come and fucking get it." He lets out a laugh as he runs forward. You run to meet him, slashing your blade at him. He jumps over you and an all too familiar burning sensation comes to your right side. You collapse to your knees, right arm falling to the side. "I told you I'd get your fucking head. Now it's mine." You close your eyes and hear his blade cut through the air, but soon the sound of screaming overtakes it. Your eyes flash open, face resting on the cool cave floor.