Chapter 10: Mountain Glenn Part 1

You feel your scroll vibrate against the side of your head as you slowly open your eyes. After turning it off, you sigh deeply as the sun comes through the window. A mess of golden hair spreads over your chest as you feel a pair of arms wrapped tightly around your torso and a leg intertwined with one of yours. A smile comes across your face as you run your hand through Yang's hair, gently waking her up. She groans and rubs her head against your chest.

"You know, I usually don't like it when people touch my hair." She says looking up at you with a sleepy smile. "But you are the exception." She gives you a kiss on the cheek before she nuzzles her head back down into your chest and wraps her arms tighter around you.

"I will take that as a good sign." You say, earning a giggle from Yang.

"You should." She lets out a sigh as she looks up at you, resting her chin on your chest. "I still can't get over that Jaune wore a dress last night."

"Oh my god that was great! And then the dance that JNPR did? Now that is something that I am never going to forget. Who knew Ren had those moves? Definitely one of the highlights of the night."

"Hmmm...I can think of a better one." She says with a giggle as she cuddles into you. "This is great, I could lay here all day with you."

"That could be the plan for the day after we get back. You know we have to get up, we have our first mission assignment today."

"I know, just a little longer though...you are so warm and cuddly." You hear a fake throw up noise come from across the room and see Weiss sitting up on her bed looking at you two.

"Did you two really have to sleep in here? (Y/N) has a whole room to himself." She groans out. Yang looks up at you, then over at Weiss, and then pulls you down to her and into a kiss.

"You are just jealous." Yang says with a smirk as she pulls away from you.

"I think it is cute!" Ruby says as she hangs her feet from her bed and smiles at the two of you. "But we do need to get ready."

"Well, that is my cue. I will see you ladies downstairs." You slide down out of Yang's bed and from her arms and head to your room to get ready for the day. As you are about to leave for the mission assignment, there is a knock at the door.

"Mr. (L/N). Good to see you this morning. Have fun at the dance last night?" Ozpin asks with a smile.

"I did professor. May I ask, why are you here right now? Am I not going to see you downstairs soon?"

"This is true, but" He steps to the side and reveals a man standing tall in a white uniform.

"General Ironwood." he says as he extends his hand. You shake it and he steps into your room. He looks around for a minute and then turns to you. "Professor Ozpin has spoken highly of you."

"Thank you General."

"But, that does not excuse your little operation that you two did." You glance at Ozpin and see him staring off into the distance. "Sending a child into that area of the kingdom, unassisted, without contact is something that could get you fired Ozpin. It could have ended horribly."

"Yes, but...it didn't." You say looking at the general. He turns and glares at you.

"I have heard a lot about you son. A lot of good things, but that does not excuse the fact that what you both did did could have gotten you killed and him fired." He said while pointing to Ozpin.

"He did it for years James, without guidance. What makes this any different?" Ozpin asks.

"The difference is that he goes to your academy now and if he dies in a cave in the middle of the woods by himself it is on your hands!" He let's out a deep sigh and rubs his temple. "I have no doubt in your skill son, but if the council were to find out about this." He stops mid-sentence and looks out your window at the campus.