Chapter 16: Round Two

Day of the Doubles Tournament (Friday)

"Ready to rock and roll kid?" Sun asks as he gives you smack on the back.

"Got the jitters out during the first fight, now I am ready to just go to work." You respond.

"Well go get em dude. We will be watching from here." Neptune calls as you jog up the stairs and into the arena. You get out to the center and shake your limbs out, getting ready for you opponents to arrive. Across from you, two girls walk up the stairs.

"We get the pleasure of facing the one man army." One of them giggles.

"Yeah, but they didn't say anything about him being so handsome." The other one says with a flirtatious smile.

"Twins." You groan to yourself, "This should be good."

"Maybe after this we could grab something to eat? That is if you don't mind going out with someone that beat you." The one wielding a sword and shield asks.

"I agree Heather, the three of us would have an amazing time." The other one, who is juggling throwing knives, giggles.

"Let's just get through this fight huh?" You say as the landscape around you shifts.

"Three! Two! One!" Port booms over the PA system. The timer counts down and the brunette twins charge forward at you once it reaches zero.

"Boost me!"

"You got it Mia!" Heather calls as she launches her sister off her shield. Mia sends a wave of blades towards you as she flies forward. You dodge from side to side until she tackles you to the ground.

"Awe. You are so cute when you are in a fight." She says with a smirk before you roll and the two of you turn into a fury of punches. Eventually, a shield bashes against the side of your head and sends you flying into a pile of sand in the desert part of the stage. A volley of knives are sent your way as you scramble to find cover behind some rocks.

"Come on out handsome. We won't hurt you too much." Heather calls as the taunt you from the center. You stand up and start to run forward at them. The twins ready their weapons, but you boost yourself into the air. Once you reach a high enough height, you send a shot behind you and hurtle yourself towards the ground. You raise you ax end and, once you reach the ground, connect with the shield of Heather and cause it to shatter in her hands.

"Holy shit." Mia mutters as her sister is send into a crater in the ground, her shield in pieces around her. While she is distracted, you wind up you weapon and send her hurtling into the volcanic stage. You go to catch your breath, but your knee is taken out from underneath you.

"Maybe you should hit a little harder." Heather says from above you. You pull out your pistol and start to shoot at her, making her dodge from side to side and giving you an opening to stand up. Once your pistol is empty, she charges forward with her weapon ready to strike. Just before she is about to attack, you side step and hit her in the side with the hammer end of your weapon and send her flying into the volcanic stage where she lands next to her sister. You regain your breath and pause for a moment until both girls stagger up, using the other for support. 

"And it looks like the twins are in sync as their aura starts to regenerate!" Oobleck calls. You turn and see the bars of twins slowly climb up as they stand opposite of you.

"Surprised?" Mia asks.

"This isn't good." You say to yourself.

"Looks like someone didn't expect the power of the twin." Heather says as she twirls her sword. 

"Got to separate them. Take one out and then the other." You say to yourself, trying to figure out a plan in your head. The twins again rush you, but this time you turn towards the mountains and scramble up them. You stand near the center of a plateau as the twins make their way up behind you.