Chapter 6: Training and Dock Fight

A few weeks later

You climb the ladder and the sound of metal clinking fills the air.

"Sorry I am late guys. Had to get some studying done." You say as you make your way over to Pyrrah and Jaune.

"What were you studying? Anatomy with Yang?" Jaune says with a chuckle. Pyrrah kicks out his ankle and he falls to the ground.

"Always pay attention to the enemy in front of you." She says as she points the tip of her spear at his neck. Jaune sighs, stand up and dusts himself off. 

"You know I am starting to think that you wanted to help me just so that you could pick on me." Pyrrah giggles and shrugs his shoulders as you finish getting your gear out. 

"Alright Jaune, lets give Pyrrah a break. Show me what you two have been working on so far tonight." You say as you take your stance in front of him. Jaune takes his stance, Pyrrah calls for the fight to start, and Jaune lunges forward and jabs his sword at you stomach. You step to the side and hit his forearm with the handle of your weapon, causing his sword to fall to the ground.

"Jesus..." He winces as he shakes his arm. Pyrrah lets out a small giggle as he reaches down to grab his sword.

"Grip strength Jaune. Never overextend your weapon towards the enemy and give them the chance to disarm you." As you say this, you notice Pyrrah staring at Jaune. She turns and locks eyes with you and blushes and looks away into the distance. 

"Alright, let's go again." He says. Pyrrah again counts down again, but this time you go to strike first. You do a sweeping strike towards his knees, but he jumps back and avoids it.

"Good Jaune!" You yell as he then moves towards you. "Find rhythm during the battle. Make your movements fluid." Jaune circles around you, looking for an opening to strike. You swing your ax, aiming for his shoulder, but Jaune counters with his shield and shoves you back.

"There you go! Now, offense Jaune come on!" He grits his teeth and does an overhead move down on you, but you deflect with your handle and turn it around to lay a shot into his chest, making him fall onto the ground.

"Get up! Let's go!" Jaune runs forward, starts to swing back blade to land a blow to your side and you move to counter, but he slides onto his knees and bashes your knee in with his shield. The strike makes you stagger and fall to the ground.

"My knee! Jaune you messed up my knee!" You yell as you roll on the ground in pain.

"Oh my god. Oh my god! Pyrrah! What do we do! Pyrrah!" Jaune starts freaking out and kneels down next to you. He starts to grab your knee, and then you reach for him.

"Jaune, come here." Jaune crawls over to you face and leans in. You lean up into his ear, "I'm just fucking around with you." Jaune stands up and is understandably pissed as you roll on the ground laughing.

"Pyrrah! Did you know about this?" He asks the female warrior. Pyrrah covers her mouth as she giggles.

"No I didn't...and it made it so much funner." She says between her laughter. Jaune rolls his eyes and folds his arms. You push up and rest your hand on his shoulder.

"Just for that, we will end early today. Tomorrow at the same time?"

"Will you be on time this time?" He asks you.

"Yep...I deserve that one. Well, I will see you later." You bend down and start to pack your gear as Jaune leaves the rooftop. You sling your bag over your shoulder, but are pulled back as you start to walk away.

"I need your help." Pyrrah says as she spins you around.

"Look you are like the best fighter I know, I don't know what I can do to help you."