Chapter 38: Reignite

You open your eyes and breathe softly, feeling the warmth from Yang wrapping you in her embrace. She shifts slightly, moving her face down to yours where she sleepily opens her eyes.

"Good morning darling." She whispers in a raspy voice.

"Morning my love." You answer with a smile. She smiles back before giving you a good morning kiss.

"How did you sleep?" She asks as she pulls away.

"I slept...very very well." You say. "Thank you."

"No need to thank me. I haven't slept this good in a while." She responds. You brush some hair out of her face and rest your left hand on her cheek.

"I...sorry..." You say, pulling away your metal hand. She shakes head gently and takes your mechanical hand with hers.

"It is who we are. If there is one thing I've learned it's that you should treat it as an extension of yourself instead of something separate entirely." She says.

"That does make sense." You say as hold your hand up to hers, watching the sun dance off of both of them. She takes it by the wrist and places it on the side of her face before resting her hand on yours as she smiles.

"We will work to get you used to it. Plus a visit to Pietro today will help out."

"Yeah we will see what he can do. A tune up plus some more practice will help." You reply. "What time is that at?"

"Mmm I think we have a few hours to kill." She replies. "We can relax for a little bit then get some training in then head to see him."

"Sounds like a plan to me. We can just lay here for a bit? I just want some time with you."

"Of course." She says with a smile. The two of you lay, not saying a word just enjoying the other.

"Thank you." You whisper softly, your face a few inches from hers.

"For what?"

"I...I know it's cheesy...but for sticking with me." You say shyly. "If I didn't have you now...I have no idea where I'd be or what I'd be doing."

"I'll always love you. Today. Tomorrow. Forevermore." She whispers softly, a blush coming to her face. You give her a kiss on her forehead before pulling her in close, smiling as you shut your eyes for some more rest.

Roughly two hours later

Yang dives to the side, dodging one of your kicks.

"Come on you got it!" She says as charges at you. Once to you, she lets out a fury of punches. You block the first few, but slowly start to miss them until one hits you in the gut and you stagger back.

"Son of a bitch." You groan.

"Hey come on. You've only had it for a few days and this is your first time training with it." She says.

"I know I just want to be back. Be ready to go again." You reply as your look down at it. She raises you chin up to meet her eyes.

"We will get you there. But not by standing around now come on." She hits her mitts together and backs up.

"Let's rock." You get into your stance and prepare to spar. You and Yang begin, punches and kicks flying as you two brawl it out. Yang kicks and you throw up your arm and block. You throw a punch and she dodges, using your momentum to throw you to the ground. She dives towards you, but you roll then jump onto her and pin her down.