Chapter 17: The Collapse

I am sorry for how long it took for this to come out. I have been super busy and I have not found a great deal of time to write lately. School is now out so I should now have more time and be able to give you all more content. Good news, the next chapter is about halfway done so hopefully I will be able to get it out soon, but you never know. I hope that you all enjoy this chapter, are doing well during these times, and have a good day. As always, thank you for reading.

"You guys will be in town for the single's tournament right?"

"Of course son! We would not miss it for the world." Your mother replies.

"Great! I will see you guys then. Love you!"

"Love you too son!" Both of you parents say as you hang up your scroll. You tuck it away and climb to the rooftop. 

"Hey (Y/N)."

"Hey Pyrrah. What is up?" You say as you take a seat on the rooftop next to her. She leans her head on your shoulder and sighs.

"I just needed to talk to you a bit before training with Jaune. I have a lot going on."

"Well what is on your mind?"

"I...I have a tough choice to make very soon and it is going to impact the rest of my life. Sometimes I just wish that we could all have normal life."

"Pyrrah, you and I both know when we decided to take this route that there was going to be nothing normal about this life." She pushes her self up and starts to pace around.

"No. That is not what I meant. Life could have been normal still. I...this is going to change everything." You stand up and try to calm her down.

"Pyrrah you just need to relax. There is nothing to worry"

"They want me to be the Fall Maiden (Y/N)." You give her a confused look.

"Like from...the fairy tale?" She nods her head. "That...that is real?"

"Yes and they want me to fulfill the roll since the current Fall Maiden is dying. (Y/N)...I don't know if I can do this." She starts to cry into her hands, as the burden starts to weigh down on her. 

"Pyrrah." You say to her as you walk up to her and wrap her in a hug. "You are one of the strongest people that I know. You are more than capable of handling this." She pulls away and looks at you.

"I am scared (Y/N). This...this is not how it is suppose to go." You shrug your shoulders at her.

"Life is not suppose to have a predetermined route. Things come up that impact our future and we will have to make tough choices. I am not going to tell you what to do, only that I know that you are going to do what you believe is right and make the best of it." She sniffles and wipes away some tears.

"Yes. You are right."

"You are a great person Pyrrah. If there is anyone in the world that can handle this pressure, I know that it is you."

"You are a great friend (Y/N)." She says with a soft smile. "Now let's get this all set up, Jaune is going to be here soon."

Day of the Single's Tourney 

The stadium is rocking as the crowd cheers for you and the rest of the solo contestants that stand in the center of the arena. You wave and smile to the audience as Port announces the names of everyone that will be competing over the next couple of days. 

"And the solo sensation from Beacon, (F/N) (L/N)!" Port booms out over the PA. The crowd roars as you wave to them.

"Someone seems to have the favor of the crowd." Sun laughs from besides you.