Chapter 2: The Meeting

Later in the training room

You finish your last set of squats and re-rack the weight. You sigh and look at your watch.

"6:37 pm. Enough time to get some weapons training in before dinner." You say to yourself. You head to your pack and grab your weapon and enter the training room. As you enter, you notice that it is near empty, expect for a golden haired girl that is beating the life out of a training dummy. She looks up and smiles at you, giving you a small wave before getting back to work. You wave back and find a dummy that suits your needs. You twirl your weapon in your hand, and raise it to land your first strike.

After around an hour of training, you take a seat on a bench on chug down some water.

"Really went to town on that dummy, killer." A sweet voice says next to you. You look to your side and see the same girl sitting next to you, giving you a soft smile. "I am Yang. nice to meet you...."

"(Y/N). Sorry if you were enjoying the peace of an empty training room. I had some stress to let out." She giggles and punches your shoulder. 

"It is not a problem. I usually come here for the same reason. Dummies can only do so much though, be nice to have someone to spar with." You turn and look at her with a raised eyebrow. "Let's see what you got." She offers you a hand and tosses you a pair of sparing gloves. "On the buzzer." She says as she taps her scroll. A timer slowly counts down until it is time to clash.

You both charge forward at one another. Punches and kicks start to fly and you two are in a whirlwind of combat. After minutes of brawling, you feel a solid punch to the side of you head and you stumble to the side. Yang chargers forward, but you grab her fist midair and push her back. You land a strong kick to her gut and Yang staggers back and falls to the ground. You stand proudly over her, until she kicks your ankle out, causing you to fall as she pounces on top of you.

"I win." She says, a mere few inches from your face. The two of you sit there for a second, staring into each other's eyes as you both breathe heavily until the timer goes off, snapping you both back. Yang quickly climbs off you and you push yourself up, both of you with a red tint on your face.

"Oh come on, that was a cheap shot." You say as you take your gloves off. 

"Well, I ended up on top so I win. No arguments about it." She giggles. "Hey have you eaten anything yet? I am starving."

"I was gonna go after a quick shower.'

"Cool if I come along?" She asks as the two of you make your way to the locker rooms.

"We just met and you already want to shower together?" You chuckle.

"Oh my god you know what I meant." She says as she punches your shoulder as she blushes lightly. You quickly clean up and sit on a bench outside of the locker room. The door swings open and you look up and see Yang strolling out, her golden hair flowing as she shakes her head. 

"Ready to go?" She asks when she reaches you. 

"Yeah..uhhh...let's get going." You stammer out. The two of you make your way to the dining hall where you grab some food and a table. 

"So, tell me more about you." She says when the two of you sit down. You sigh and realize the lie you crafted is going to have to be a reoccurring story.

"And that is me." You say once you wrap up the lie.

"Wow that is so cool. Well, if it means anything I am glad they let you in." She says with a smile. 

"How about you? Been training your whole life to be here? Seems like most people have been."

"Yep! Just have always wanted the adventure and the ability to help people. This is the perfect chance."