Chapter 26: Memories

I am so sorry for how long this took to come out. I hope you guys enjoy. Much love to you all as always!

Ten Days Later

The rain beats down as you close the door behind you. You kick off your muddy boots and slip out of your jacket, hanging it on the coat rack next to the door.

"You're back!" Ruby says cheerfully as she peaks her head from around the corner to the kitchen. "Ren says dinner is almost ready."

"I'll be in in a minute. Is Qrow in his room?" She nods her head in response. You head to his room, grabbing Oscar as you pass by. "We are going to need to talk to Ozpin." Oscar only lets out a sigh in response as you enter the bedroom, finding Qrow drinking as he is sitting at a desk.

"Dead?" He asks you as you slump against the wall while Oscar sits on the bed.

"Just like the rest of them." You let out with a sigh as you rub your temple. "Qrow...this isn't good."

"I know kid...I know." The two of you look to Oscar, waiting for Ozpin to say something.

"We are going to have to confront Lionheart about this." He says to the both of you. "This...this does not feel right."

"He seemed a bit...off when we first met with him. A little jumpy, his voice was shaky...I have a suspicion that he might know more than what he is telling us." Qrow responds. "For all of these huntsmen to go down like this...people are saying that they just started dropping like flies."

"You think that you know...Salem could have something to do with all of this?" You ask the two of them.

"There is a possibility." Ozpin replies. "If so then we may need to act quicker on the relic than we thought." You sigh and lean you head back against the wall.

"Something wrong kid?" Qrow asks you.

"Just..." You stare at the ceiling before continuing. "We should act tomorrow. Everyone should be ready to go and we go and confront Lionheart...I am getting tired of just waiting around for something to happen."

"We don't want to jump into this too quickly now." Ozpin says.

"Well if we don't do something soon then whatever killed off the other huntsmen will get us. Besides, if the White Fang is attacking soon we just need to get in there and make sure we get the relic before anyone else does."

"He has a point Oz." Qrow says in support of you. "There is no point in waiting around. If anything is going to happen it is going to be before Haven is back in session so we need to figure out what is happening."

"I suppose you are both right. We will go see Lionheart tomorrow night. Now the three of you should get something to eat. I will talk to you both tomorrow and let's refrain from telling the others about our suspicions. We don't need to cause uneasiness in the group." Ozpin says to the two of you before leaving the controls to Oscar.

"So...we are going to see Lionheart tomorrow?" Oscar asks the two of you. You both nod in response.

"And Oz wants the reason kept under wraps, got it kid?" Qrow tells Oscar.

"Of course." He replies.

"Now, you two go. I am going to stay here and go over a few things." Qrow says as he takes a swig from his flask. You and Oscar head into the dining room, where you find the rest of the group waiting for you.

Later That Night

You sit inside the training room, the sound of rain hitting the roof fills your ears as you clear you mind. You control your breathing, find a rhythmic pattern as the cool breeze comes through the open sliding door and whips around the room. You think of memories, the painful ones that haunt you at night and cause you to lash out.