Chapter 12: Beach Day

(D/N) = dad's name

Next Friday evening

"So this is where you grew up?"

"Yep. Lived here all my life. A little slice of paradise." She says with a laugh as the two of you stand outside of the Xiao Long house.

"Did you tell your dad that I am coming?" She gives you a smirk and grabs your hand, dragging you to the front door.

"Two things. One: He does not know you are coming since I wanted to surprise him. Two: Just relax and be yourself, he will love you." She says as she opens the door. "Dad! I am home!"

"Yang! I am in the kitchen!"

"Just toss your bag over there." She says as she points to a corner near the steps. Yang then grabs your hand and guides you to the kitchen. "Dad I want you to meet (Y/N). He is my...boyfriend."

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Xiao Long." You say while extending your hand, face burning hot.

"Psssh just call me Tai kid." He says, giving you a handshake. "Yang has told me a lot of good things about you so you don't have much to worry about. Besides, it is good to finally meet the boy my little girl has fallen for."

"Daaaadddd..." Yang groans while rubbing her forehead.

"Such a big, strong, handsome guy. I can see why she likes you." He says with a smirk, making Yang even more embarrassed as you let out a laugh.

"Well I can see where she gets her amazing looks from." You say to him, causing the two of you to laugh loudly as Yang stands there, annoyed and embarrassed.

"You two...are going to be the death of me."

"Oh come on," Tai says while resting a hand on your shoulder. "Two dudes can't compliment each other anymore? I thought that was allowed nowadays."

"Yeah Yang. And if anything, mine was a compliment to you too." You say as you put your hand on his shoulder. She smiles and shakes her head at the both of you.

"Why don't you take (Y/N) and his stuff upstairs while I finish up dinner. I hope you like spaghetti (Y/N)." He says while turning back to the counter top.

"Can't wait to eat. I am starving!" You say as Yang takes you and shows you the upstairs.

"And this is my room." She says, spreading her arms out as you both walk in. "Just toss your bag next to my bed." You throw you bag down and flop down onto her bed.

"Mmmm...this weekend is much needed. This was a great idea." You say as you let out a deep sigh.

"Especially with the Vytal Festival Tournament coming up. Training is going to get intense these next few weeks, so this will be a good break before that." She says as she lays down next to you.

"Don't stress. I am sure RWBY is going to do amazing." She rolls to her side and smiles at you.

"I hope so. I wish I could watch you fight in it though." She says, her smile turning to a slight frown. 

"Don't worry about it. Just focus on training and I will start planning the celebration for when you guys win." You say with a smile. "And I know that you will be training with your team a lot, but if you ever need to get your ass kicked one on one or a back massage just let me know."

"Oh do you know someone that can do those things? Because I have no idea who you are talking about." You roll your eyes as she laughs at you.

"Yang! (Y/N)! Dinner is ready!"