Chapter 7: Back To School

You run through the forest, climbing trees and jumping from the branches. The feeling of being back in the wild has set you free these past few weeks and you are enjoying the last bit of it. You hop down from a tree and look down at you scroll at the map.

"Almost there." You charge head first into a clearing and look around. "This is the place." You scan the clearing, until you hear a rumble in the tree line. A gang of beowolfs charge forward and you ready yourself, but they barrel past you. The sound of a giant trumpet fills the air and the cracking of trees follow. You stare as you come face to face with a Goliath Grimm.

"Holy...shit." The giant creature rears on its back legs and flails it trunk into the air. The Goliath charges forward and aims its horns directly at you. You jump to the side and fall to the ground, barely missed being grazed by the horn that could pierce metal.

"This is not what the contract was for." You say as you push yourself up to your feel. The beast charges at you again, but this time it flails its trunk at you and sends you flying into the base of a tree. Your vision goes blurry for a second, but you recover just in time to duck out of the way before the monster uproots the tree and the ground near it.

"Well, only one way to handle this." You feel your blood pump harder and the adrenaline run through you as you semblance starts to kick in. The beast turns around and rears up again, starting its charge towards you, you feel your muscles pump up as you start to run forward into a head on collision. You and the beast clash, your hands wrapping around its tusks and grinding it to a halt. Reaching onto your back, you pull out your ax and use it to smash the head armor of the beast. The exoskeleton cracks just before the Goliath wraps its trunk around your leg, picks you up, and pounds you down into the ground. You roll out of the way of giant foot that is about to step on you and instead shoot up into its belly. You stand, propel upwards with a shotgun blast, and fly towards the beast. You soar downwards, but are met with a side swipe from the trunk of the Goliath. You lay on the ground and breath heavy as your semblance slowly fades.

"No, no, no...shit." You push yourself up and clutch your ribs as the Goliath stampedes towards you. You turn and run through the woods. You propel yourself up into the treeline and swing back towards the beast. It runs underneath you as you hold your breath, hanging high above it. Your grip loosens and you plummet to the ground, landing flat on your back.

"I hate...this shit...so much." You drag yourself up and slowly start to feel your body repair itself since your aura is starting to come back. You leg vibrates and you pull out your scroll, you stagger over to a tree for some support.

"(Y/N)! Guess what?" You smile at her voice, although you heard it almost everyday over break.

"What Yang?"

"Ooh you know what! Check the message I am gonna send you." The scroll vibrates against your head and you open the message from Yang. A photo of her smiling and straddling her motorcycle near the sign that says "Welcome to Vale" appears before you.

"You are in Vale?"

"Yep, I brought some of my stuff with me, but Ruby is going to bring the rest tomorrow. We head back tomorrow but I thought it would be fun to hangout before heading back! Maybe you could show me around by where you live?"

"Sounds like a great idea! I will send you where to meet me and I will be there soon, I have to go fulfill this contract."

"Oooh you'll have to tell me about it! And sounds good, just send the location and I will meet you there. Talk to you soon."

"Sounds good!" You hang up and start to drag yourself back through the forest. 

You make your way back to the tavern that has been dealing you contracts for the past few years. Eyes look at you as you walk to the bar.