The Truth | Part 1

HKSFJDFS Sorry that this took so long but your request from the 20k celebration thing is finally here, Athrex453 :D Hope this is to your liking!

***

"Mommy, mommy," ten-year-old Leia called, with Luke right behind her. "Where is uncle Ani and aunty Mé?"

"Yeah, where are they? You said they would soon return. It's been almost 11 years since we last saw them."

"You don't think anything... b-bad happened to them, r-right?" Leia continued to question, her dark amber eyes sparkling with youthful innocence.

"You told us stories of them ever since we could understand Togruti and English."

Ahsoka was affronted but also impressed by the twins' attention to detail and unusually powerful Force-backed memories. Most Force-sensitive children didn't have enough training or power to remember what happened since they opened their eyes for the first time.

But Luke and Leia were Anakin and Padmé Skywalker's children; their parentage was powerful and both were a perfect mix of their mother and father's skills.

The mere thought of Anakin caused years of sleepless nights, guilt and unfathomably chilling details to resurface.

But she couldn't hide the truth from them. Not anymore.

So she turned around with a small smile on her face. "Come on, then. I want to practice your abilities to reach into the Force while meditating as a group. Are you ready?"

The twins nodded enthusiastically, unaware of what scarring memories of Ahsoka's they were to watch.

Ahsoka was in a deep meditative trance, releasing her frustrations and worries into the Force, from whom she prayed she would receive guidance. To her, meditation relieved the unwanted stress and it helped clear her mind.

The hands of the clock slowed down while she meditated. Her mind stopped racing. It was only calm, with blissful souvenirs of the past reminding her of the golden times before Palpatine rose to power.

These memories were light-hearted and joyous. Ahsoka often saw the banter between herself and Anakin or herself with one of the 501st.

She saw the times she got to spend mentoring the next generation, and most of all, the countless missions she, Anakin, Rex, and often Obi-Wan went on together.

Yet today, a nagging feeling continued to tug at her gut; something was wrong. The ethereal realm of the Force was not clear skies and white clouds any longer. In fact, thunder clouds were beginning to roll in, and hints of rain torrents were beginning to show.

It wasn't good. Not much could pull Ahsoka out of her deep meditation, but the fact that something did worried her.

She peered into the Force, trying to stay calm as she attempted to navigate the rapidly darkening sky and see what the cause was.

She couldn't. The more she tried to push the storm clouds away, the more they blocked her out. Tantalizingly, they allowed her to see only a glimpse of why the Force was clouded. A sinister cackle echoed, the desperate shouts of different people becoming clearer. And one single haunting scene that Ahsoka could not differentiate whether it was the truth or a vision: a hooded figure was on one knee, bowing to Sidious. "I pledge myself... to your teachings."

That voice... it was all too familiar, but she couldn't place it until the figure rose, blue eyes glistening with betrayal and desperation... they belonged to Anakin!

Sidious had undoubtedly manipulated him into doing his bidding.

Then, slivers of haunting scenes were leaked to her. Gunshots, both blue and red, coloured the air. Bodies were everywhere. The scene faded into black before morphing into the next horrific premonition.

A hooded figure walker up the Temple steps, weapon in hand and the rhythmic marching of the clone soldiers behind him was the only sound of the night they could hear. "Kill them," the figure commanded coldly. "Kill them all, and have no mercy."

The scene switched again. "Master, there are so many of them, what are we going to do?" The illumination of a sapphire blade in a dark room, younglings stumbling backwards in fear before the man they once thought to be their friend and saviour ended their short lives.

They were no longer in the Temple. An intense battle between a small green figure — Master Yoda, Ahsoka presumed — was battling Sidious in the Senate chambers. Green saber clashed against red, Force lightning flying every which way.

The scene dissipated once more. Halfway across the Outer Rim, all there was to be seen was red. Rivers and falls of molten lava, black sand beaches, smoke everywhere. The buildings were self-destructing, toppling. Indiscernible shouts could be made out between two humanoid figures; both wielding blue lightsabers. Eventually, one gained the high ground, cutting off the limbs of the opponent. "You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you."

She couldn't take any more. It finally all made sense; why the Force had seemed so clouded, why Master Yoda had been more reserved than usual, why his perception of the Force was less clear.

She had to save him from the deadly fate Palpatine had planned for him.

Unlocking the bolts from the cupboard containing her new lightsabers with the Force, she turned them on, the weight feeling natural in her hands. She had to get off-world.

***

Back on Coruscant, Ahsoka burst into the Council Chambers, interrupting their meeting. The Masters stared at her in shock; Ahsoka Tano had returned.

"I know you're all shocked, but it's an emergency. I-"

"What could possibility be more important than to ruin our meeting, Citizen Tano?" Windu interrupted.

Ahsoka was done with his attitude. She was no longer part of their sacred Order anyways, so she could reply as she wished. "If you could for once just listen to me! You didn't believe me when I said I was innocent, you never believed in Anakin until Master Yoda begrudgingly admitted him into your Order. Are you seriously about to let history repeat itself, Master Windu?" She replied in a voice equally as condescending. For once, Mace was speechless.

Turning to the other Council members, she continued: "I just had a vision. Chancellor Palpatine is actually the hidden Sith you're looking for, and he's slowly manipulating Anakin to do his bidding. I've seen what will happen if this is not prevented. The Jedi will be mass-murdered, betrayed by the clones. As to how, I don't know, but this Order will be destroyed. If Palpatine succeeds with his master plan, Anakin will turn to the Dark."

Surprisingly, it was Mace who spoke up immediately. "Then we must go and confront the Chancellor. You have half an hour to find and bring whoever you think may help with the success of this vital mission."