One | The Past

Nova:

"Mommy, please don't go!"
"I have to Novie. NoNo, stay with your sister. Please my sweet babies don't leave out of the safe room until it's safe no matter what you hear, do you understand me?" My mother said while looking at us with a panicked yet serious expression.
"Yes ma'am" we both replied.

I watch my mom run out of the safe room through teary eyes. After I couldn't see her no more a quiet whimper leaves my lips.

"Noah?" I asked while looking between him and the door.
"Yes Nova?" He asked looking over to me.
"Do you think mommy went to find daddy?"
"Of course, you know they would do anything for each other and us." He said looking me in my eyes.
"Shouldn't we go help?"
"No.. we couldn't help anyways, Nova. We are only 8 so we would only be in the way." He said.

I didn't reply because I knew he was right so all I could I do was sit there while looking around the room at all the other kids sitting quietly with either their mommy's or nanny's. The adults all had fake smiles on their faces with tears in their eyes trying to keep all us the pups calm while others tried to sooth the crying children. There where nannies rocking some of the babies to sleep while others tucked some in with a story.

They were trying to distract them from what was really going on. It was almost quiet when a blood curdling scream leaves one of the Omegas lips as she doubles over to the floor holding her chest. I grabbed on to Noah's arm a little tighter scare while another woman ran to comfort the woman. She wasn't bleeding and yet she was somehow hurt. I wonder why?

I see someone coming towards us out of the corner of my eye and turn to make eye contact with my best friend Nala. She snuggles up to Noah and I while her mother watched from a distance. We all started talking about what could be happening and wondering how much longer it would be considering it's been 2 hours already.

While we were all talking I went quiet when I feel like my heart stopped beating for a second.. I look over at Noah with a panicked face while his mirrored mine. We bother doubled over crying out not knowing why it feel like something in us is breaking until I hear my fathers mournful howl fill the air from outside and a bunch others following. There were tears being shed by everyone in the bunker. They all looked at Noah and I. Faces filled with with pity.

We both realized it was a link to a member close to us breaking that caused the pain. In a moment of realization our eyes shot up to the door and all I could do was cry trying to get up while Noah holds me back telling me it still wasn't safe. Nala's mom rushed over to Noah and I as we cried into the chest of my mothers best friend.

We both leaned to look at each other and say in unison the name of the only person we wanted to see right now more than ever, but couldn't...

"Mommy"....

*****

*Feedback*

QOTC: If you could go anywhere in the wold, where would you go?

Mine: Bora Bora!

W/C: 572