Nine | Party

Nova

As Noah and I walk down the hall I start to think back to our conversation earlier about mates. It made me think a lot actually. I love my dad and I got lucky to have someone like him raise me, but he's such a hypocrite on this whole mate subject. Like Noah said, dad would have mom back in a heart beat if he could! I feel like he just wants me to be Beta and not find my mate because he doesn't want me to leave him. I don't want him to think like that. Maybe he just wants me to stick around because he can't live with the thought of losing another person he loves. I look up to Noah and smile at him when he turns to look at me.

"You look very handsome. Mom must be so proud of the man you have grown to be."

At his point I have a lone tear rolling down my right cheek. He stops and turns to me to embrace me in a hug. He doesn't like crying in public because he thinks an Alpha shouldn't show those kind of emotions in public. According to him, the pack will see him as weak.

"You have no idea how much I needed to hear that." He says while pulling himself together.

He then wipes my tears away with a smile and kisses my four head.

"You forgot one thing though, Novie. She must be proud of us both." He says before turning forward and continuing to walk to the double doors that will lead us to the stair at the top of the party room.

I shake my head to focus on the task ahead, pull my shoulders back,as I hold my head held up high like the bad bitch that I am. Noah then tilts his chin up then puffs out his chest like the Alpha he was born to be.

"You ready?" He asks me.
"Let do this."

As we take the steps towards the room the guards open the door opened door. As soon as we reach the door's the guards bow and Mirra announces our presence.

"Now entering your future Alpha Noah Doxon and future Beta Nova Doxon."

Everyone starts clapping and bowing their head to show their respects towards us as we slowly make our way down the steps arm in arm, we smile at everyone we make eye contact with. When we reach half way down the steps my father mind links us.

"You two should make a speech. I know the pack loves and respects you both so much already, but it would really make me happy. I'm so proud of you two."

Then blocks us out before we could answer. I hum in agreement while Noah chuckles.

"Everyone may we have you attention, please." Noah's voice booms out and echoes throughout the room and off the walls.

Everyone stops and turns towards us eagerly to hear what their future Alpha to be has to say.

"I just wanna say thank you to everyone that helped plan the party and could attend tonight. Tonight is the day that my sister and I turn 21 and we all know what that means. I also wanna add that I will be searching for your next Luna before I take over for my father. It's been a long time since our pack has has a Luna and it's going to be the first thing I do for you all. This pack deserves it! We hope you all enjoy the night, but before we let you return to what you were doing my sister also has something to say." My brother says while turning his attention to me.

"I do? I mean I do."

I turn to the crowd with a smile on my face looking at our pack members and family standing before us. I just wish my mother was here to see us now. As much as I hate public speaking the love for my pack comes first.

"I also wanna say thank you all for coming together with us and celebrating our 21st birthdays. Most of you here have watched us grow from just pup's to who we are today. When we lost our mother we never knew that the saying it takes a village was a real thing most of you stepped in to help your grieving Alpha. Without you, our pack who have grown to be our family and friends, we wouldn't have been able to make it through such a hard time. What makes our pack so great is being able to rely on each other and be there for each other when someone is in need. I truly am proud of the pack we have today and I will forever be great full to you all."