Sixteen | Taken

Noah

I was training with Ralph since 9 o'clock in the morning then finally decided to call it quits. I grabbed my towel off the bench and wiped the sweat off my face.

"So have you thought about telling everyone you found your mate yet? It's been almost 2 weeks. If you wait any longer you're family will be mad you kept it from them." Ralph said.

He than took 2 water out of the cooler then tossing one to me which I happily caught and guzzled half of.

"I will eventually. Now isn't the right time."
"The right time? When will be the right time? When Nova comes to you crying about you staying away from her or your dad smells you on her since you marked her by accident while having sex?" Ralph shoots back.

He makes a good point but something is telling me to wait.

"It was my Wolf, Ralph. Not me. Let me think about it man."

I start walking away from the training grounds while checking my phone and replying back to the text Aurora sent me when I look up to see a very angry Nova running towards the woods. I wanted to go after her but then she might have questioned me on why I've been so distant. I watched her disappear into the woods then continued on into the pack house.

I made my way up to my room then stripped down when I got into the bathroom. I decided to shower then go talk to my dad to see if he knows. Maybe they had an argument about her sleeping with Tanner. I swear if that's what it is I'm gonna be so pissed. She's literally 21 now. She's a grown ass adult. She can do whatever she wants as long as it doesn't ruin her reputation.

Jumping out of the shower I quickly get dressed and make my way out of my room to my dads office. When I walked inside there were papers laying on the floor and his desk was flipped over. I know he didn't lash out like that while my baby sister was in here. I started getting even more pissed off but calmed down when I realized I was assuming.

"What happened in here and why did I just see Nova take off running into the woods."
"We got into an argument and I said some stupid things. When she left I felt like a piece of shit, Noah. I basically blamed her for her mate sleeping with someone else. How could I as her father do that to her when I know she is going through so much already. I'm supposed to protect her not add onto her problems by taking my anger out on her when they should be focused on her mystery mate!" He shouted then punched the wall.
"Dad.. she's 21. She thought her and Nala had their whole life's planned out. Now that it's all crashing down around her and she doesn't know what to do or how to react. We should be thankful she has someone like Tanner that cares about her enough to help her like that. I'm glad it was him and not some random dude in our pack like Marcus said. As for you saying all those things, when she gets back just apologize to her then ask her who her mate is."

I began picking up the papers and flipping the desk back over while he just stood there. I could tell he was trying to calm down still.

"I already asked her... she said she refused to speak his name." He replies back.

He started picking up his desk accessories and a now shattered frame that has a picture with all three of us and my mom. After getting everything picked up we both sat down in a comfortable silence.

"Who do you think her mate is?" I ask breaking the silence causing my father to sigh.
"I don't know, but I wish I did. I swear, Noah...I could kill that asshole." He replies back while running his hand through his hair.
"We'll it could be a member of our pack or it could be someone who visited."
"I think it's a member of our pack because the only other unmated male that visited was Alpha Titus and he's an Alpha. He would have snatched her up and claimed her that night. It's gotta be someone in the pack." He says the last part in deep thought.