Seven | Mall

Nova:

"WAKE UP!!!" I hear Nala yell with so much excitement in her voice.
"I'm up, babe." I whisper loud enough for her to hear while cuddling up to her.
"Happy birthday, beautiful." She says while kissing me on my four head.
"Thankyou. I'm gonna take a shower, care to join?"

I even plastered on a sly smirk or so I thought...

"Sorry no can do. I have so much to do and it's already 12 o'clock sleepy head. I know how tired you, Noah and your father were after the long meeting last night so I told no one to bother you guys unless it was an emergency." Nala say's.
"How did I get so- wait did you just say 12 o'clock?"

She looks at me confused, checks her phone.

"we'll technically 12:58."
"SHIT!" I jump up to get, run to the bathroom and strip down to shower to go meet my brother.
"What's wrong, Nova?" Nala asks still confused.
"I was supposed to meet Noah this morning at 10.. We were supposed to go for a run like we did last year on our birthday."
"He didn't wake up till 10 minutes ago. That's why I woke you up. Calm down." She giggles.

My body sags with relief and washes all the guilt away instantly. Last year me and Noah decided to start doing this every year. We decided to spend the first hours of our birthday the same way we came into this world.. together. I'm so glad he slept in too because now I don't feel so bad.

"NoNo?" I mind link my brother hoping he wasn't busy at the moment.
"Hey, Novie. What's up." He replies back not a second later.
"We forgot our run.."
"It's okay Nova. How about we go tonight? He asks.
"That's perfect. What are the plans for today?"
"Nothing really. The Alpha and his Beta aren't gonna be at the party tonight. They had to return back to their pack to take care of a few things, but they'll be back tomorrow after Nala's party. Oh and Nova?" Noah says the last part lowly.

This is about to get serious.

"If this is a serious conversation can we do it face to face? I wanna see my birthday twin"
"Of course! Meet me by the garage. We're not allowed to be here anyways because they're setting up the party. Dad says we have to be gone within an hour and be back by 7." He exclaims.
"Okay sounds like a plan. I wanna go to the mall anyways for a new outfit for tonight. I'm so glad it's not formal."
"Oh before I forget.. tell Nala that dad says she doesn't have a choice and that She has to go to since she's done so much planning for the party already." He says then quickly blocks me out.

I turn to Nala and just smile nervously. Telling her she can be there to put together something she planned is like telling a person not to breathe. She's a control freak! That's why my dad and brother left it to me to do... Assholes!

"What's wrong?" She asks after seeing my nervous face.
"Don't shoot the messenger and don't get mad please. Also need I remind you it's my birthday ." I say with my best puppy dog eyes.
"Spit it out!" She says through gritted teeth.

I visibly swallow hard and give her a nervous smile. She is probably the only female that can scare me.

"Nova." Nala says with a growl drawing out the a in my name while stalking toward me.
"Dad says you have to accompany me and Noah to the mall and we can't be back before 7.. I know you're probably mad, but at least now you can contro- help!.. help me choose what I wear."

Just look at anything in the room but her, Nova. Medusa can't turn you to stone if you don't look at her.

"Okay." She states like it was no big deal and turn around to get out of the shower.
"Please don't be mad I know yo- wait, okay?"